Chapter one: A Dense Problem

"K-Kawai-san, I love you!"

Tadano Hitohito is a 15-year-old chūnibyō boy, and currently someone who acts like a "bad boy". And right now, that "bad boy" was ready, determined, and brave to absolutely accomplish his goal.

Of course, someone like him, who proved to be a guy who declares his manhood at the top of his lungs in front of the girls, thought that he would be able to conquer the heart of that woman, even though his heart was beating just by rubbing close to her.

"K-Kawai-san, really, I've always loved you from the moment I met you. You're so beautiful..." he proclaimed, producing a bouquet of flowers from who knows where, "Not even these flowers are enough for you..." He expected, at least, some comforting words after he confessed his feelings for her.

However, those feelings were not mutual...

Instantly, Samui laughed like a seal at Tadano Hitohito's confession, who was immediately confused by this reaction. So what...?

"Do you really think I'm going to be your girlfriend?!" He laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation he was in right now.

How do we explain all this?

It turns out that Tadano, the masterminder of "all this", started planning a solo statement especially for Kawai. First of all: he gathered white paint to paint the patio with the word 'LOVE'; then, he had taken her to a distant part of the high school in order to declare himself more properly. And finally, in the background was Najimi Osana, Tadano Hitohito's best friend and the only one who would collaborate in this meticulous selection of tasks to create the most daring and romantic statement in history...

And it didn't work...

"W-what... why?" Tadano couldn't believe that everything he had planned had gone down the drain.

"Isn't it obvious?! You are immature, reckless, and a complete idiot for thinking that I would fall in love with a chūnibyō! You're a really fool! Hahaha!"

Hitohitos POV:

Ever since Kawai-san rejected me, I've been feeling a bit better than usual. In the short time since that event, I've learned not to be an idiot... well, sometimes I am still an idiot. However, life has managed to teach me something very important:

'I must not pretend to be something that I am not'

My hairstyle is normal, my uniform is correctly put on, my attitude is that of someone average, in addition to beginning to understand my mistakes that I have made in my old role as a chūnibyō, and never repeat them again. In part I have to thank Kawai-san for telling me to help me stop being a chūnibyō, and I must admit that my personality was irritating to those around me. But like an idiot, I didn't listen to those comments because I thought everyone was envious of me... What an idiot I was!

It will remain forever as a chapter of my life that should no one be heard by anyone...

NO ONE!!!

Currently I still have to spend half the year next to her and, I guess, it will surely be an ordeal to see her at all for the rest of the year until we start high school. Hmph... now that I think about it, which high school should I go to? Although if I think about it, I could start to dedicate myself to something higher, I must think of a better future for myself, and it will be a great challenge to be able to enter a high school with which I can use my head once and for all my life.

How about... Itan?

No, no, no, no, no, no... it's... Wait, Itan High School is a great idea! That's where the best of the best go and therefore, if I miraculously manage to get into Itan, I would already have a secure future. I don't know if Najimi can manage to go as he is too lazy to study. So I guess I'll be alone in that high school... well, whether I go. Well, well, well, well, well, that I'm thinking too much about too little.