Prologue: Zealex Nexus

At this moment a lazy-looking boy with black hair and headphones could be seen sitting on a rock and listening to music while enjoying the morning breeze.

This boy's name is Zealex Nexus and he wasn't originally someone from this world. In fact the world he was in right now can't even be considered a normal modern day world at all.

In the distance Zealex could see weird looking birds and butterflies flying around.

Zealex naturally immediately recognized these creatures as Pidgeys, Taillows and Butterfrees.

Indeed... He was in a Pokemon World!

One with it's own history, regions and people different from the anime, games and manga.

A literal alternate Pokemon World!

Removing his headphones, Zealex sighed as he muttered: "I've been in this world for more than 12 years now and yet I still haven't decided on what I should do in this life."

Must know that in his previous life Zealex worked as a bodyguard for important and sometimes corrupt people, as such now being in a pokemon world he pretty much knew he couldn't choose that profession again. After all in this world people had pokemon to protect them.

Scratching his head, Zealex said: "Should I actually just become a Pokemon Trainer?... Or maybe attend a Pokemon School?"

Although he was also a Pokemon fan in his previous life, Zealex was pretty much just your ordinary casual pokemon fan. He was by no means a hardcore pokemon fan that knew everything about the series. Due to this he wasn't very confident in his knowledge about pokemon.

Zealex then stood up and said: "I'll be turning 13 in a few weeks so I need to decide what to do next in my life."

In this world once a person turns thirteen they will have certain choices in their life regarding their future.

For Zealex he had three choices... One is to become a Pokemon Trainer like many young teens in this world.

His second option is to continue attending school like a normal student.

His third choice is to choose to attend a Pokemon School to learn more about pokemon. Must know that in this world graduates of pokemon schools have a much easier time becoming Pokemon Breeders, Pokemon Researchers and many other professions related to Pokemon.

Zealex: "If I choose my second option then I could start attending a cooking school and help Dad with his retaurant business."

One of the reasons why Zealex considered to continue being a normal student is because he also understood the dangers of becoming a Pokemon Trainer.

Although pokemon are considered powerful allies by trainers, they are also very dangerous.

From what Zealex had seen on the internet, there were many trainers in this world who had been severely injured due to accidents related to pokemon battles.