thirty-two

Monday, 25.07.2022

his left hand on the lamborghini's wheel, minho tore the mask off his face and hurled it under his seat together with the black cap. 

"you nailed the physical struggle, but that was the fakest cry for help i've ever heard." 

he flashed hyunjin a grin that could be interpreted as either amused or fond. it was probably both. 

"what did you expect?" the prince shrugged helplessly and dropped his backpack next to minho's mask and cap. "i warned you that i almost failed drama class in school."

his eyes again on the road, minho laughed. "let's hope he was too stunned to notice."

"you didn't punch him too strongly, right?" guilt started pricking hyunjin's chest. he had not wanted to use seungmin out of all people as bait, but what alternatives did he have? royal problems required royal solutions. well, this was not a royal solution if he had to be precise. he mentally apologized to his best friend.

"of course not," minho assured, as if reading the prince's panicked thoughts. "he'll be back on his legs in five minutes." he reached out for hyunjin's thigh, but his hand stopped just before his fingers would have squeezed the soft skin. "warning, i'm touching you," he said and then slowly, gently squeezed his thigh. "your friend will be okay, i promise. i'll never harm anyone who's close to you." 

hyunjin inhaled sharply. although a layer of fabric separated minho's hand from his skin, the feeling was electrifying – warm, ticklish, and so damn right. 

"nice car," he said. other words did not come to mind. he ran his hand up and down his seat. 

"thanks. i borrowed it."

hyunjin raised an eyebrow. "borrowed?"

minho laughed again, and hyunjin thought that his laugh was smooth, pleasant to listen to. he did not mind that minho's hand was still caressing his thigh.

"well, buying it is a stretch for me. i won a race and borrowed it from the guy who lost."

to hyunjin, that "borrowed" sounded vaguely illegal, but he did not care much. minho and his questionable methods were cool – and effective. this is all that mattered in the end of the day, or in the beginning of the night, which was more fitting for hyunjin and minho's case. their adventure was at its start. 

"enjoy the lambo while you can," minho added as he pressed the accelerator, "we're getting off in a few minutes." 

enjoy? who was he kidding? he sneered at himself mentally. sam had probably been in cars that minho had seen only on google images. huracan was one of the cheapest lamborghinis. it still cost an arm and a leg, but with sam's family's money, they could probably buy each of their servants a huracan. that hyunjin's driver rode a porsche boxster was telling enough. 

"why?" hyunjin wondered. he did not mind walking, but why show off a car if you were going to drop it in the first place?

minho let out a loud laugh, which drowned the rap music that was still playing, but now faintly. "sweetheart, are you aware that i just committed a felony offense?" he shook his head in disbelief. "the things you make me do."

"you mean the kidnapping?" hyunjin scoffed, not a care in the world. "it's fake! i told you that i'm taking all responsibility for it. it was my plan."

"they'll think i drugged and brainwashed you, mark my words." a possible scenario if minho had been a scumbag, he thought. how easily hyunjin trusted him concerned him not a little, but a lot. he had an idea what would have happened if hyunjin had met someone who was more of a morally rotten bastard than minho, and he did not like it at all.