Chapter 1: The Legend of Morgan le Fay

This story was inspired by the German Legend: Faust

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"Are you ok, Harry? You seem a little lost."

Harry awoke from his thoughts to see Luna staring at him with those bulging silver eyes. "I guess you could say that."

In truth, Harry had never felt so lost in his life. He had lost so much already, so much heartbreak. Now he had lost his Godfather as well.

The ride home from Hogwarts was usually a bleak affair, leaving the Castle that had become his home to return to his interment at the Dursleys. Now even the weather reflected his mood. Rain pelted the train, and black storm clouds filled the sky. A storm was coming. It was being reported throughout England, while witches and wizards on the Hogwarts express spoke in hushed voices and whispers that it was a dark omen.

Once Hogwarts had been an escape from the misery that had been his life, but there was no escaping fate. He had just learned about the prophecy, which was not open to interpretation. He had to be the one to kill Voldemort. If he failed, the Dark Lord would destroy everyone he loved.

Harry had yet to tell his friends about this. He was still trying to process the news himself. They nearly died because of him, and he wasn't planning on tempting fate twice.

There was also the ever-present grief of his parent's death, the years of abuse at the hands of the Dursleys, and experiencing enough horrors to make PTS syndrome a certainty for him. The nightmares had only gotten worse, and sleep was becoming increasingly difficult. It was simply too much for a 15-year-old boy to handle.

"Well, you're almost sixteen, so it's not so bad." Luna corrected again, snapping Harry away from his thoughts.

"Yes, but still...wait? Was I thinking out loud?" Harry stuttered.

"I'm not sure. I assumed it was Wrackspurts." Luna hummed as she looked off into the unseen distance only Luna seemed to see.

"Well, since you now know...What do you think, Luna?" Harry asked, feeling somewhat relieved he had someone to talk to.

Luna lowered the Quibbler and looked at him thoughtfully. "You're going to die."

Luna tried to keep reading but, upon seeing the stunned look on Harry's face, decided she should explain better. "It doesn't matter who wins your fight. Everyone dies, Harry. Even Voldemort will die. The only question is who will die first."

"Thanks, Luna, I feel loads better," Harry grumbled sarcastically.

"No problem Harry." Luna smiled as she kept reading the Quibbler.

"Any ideas on how to die later than sooner?" Harry asked.

Luna put the Quibbler down and gazed at Harry. For over a minute, Luna said nothing. And Harry was left to squirm. Then she spoke. "You are very strong of the heart and head, but they don't seem to work together well. Instead, you are reckless and careless. You never look before you leap. You are loyal to a fault and are too noble for your own good. Your love is your greatest strength but also your biggest weakness. It can be manipulated, especially if he discovers those closest to you. He may have already, with the connection you both share. But, your greatest weakness is how easy it is to manipulate you. From what I have gathered, Mr. Dumbledore has been manipulating you all year, if not longer."

Harry sat there floored. Luna had always been honest to a fault, being incredibly blunt with the truth. Unfortunately, she had taken that trait and used it to tear Harry apart completely. Luna took all his most outstanding qualities and turned them against him. The worst part was she was right.