CHAPTER 18 | L

Where am I?

Tristan asks inside his head, but  somehow he can hear his own words echo around the dark room... it was nothing but pitch black and a series of streetlights.

It was eerie... creepy, his hair stood up as his spine felt chills. His breath was shaky.

He walked towards one of the streetlights. He then felt cold... a shivering wind blew on his face out of nowhere.

" Tristan." Someone called.

Tristan tilted his head to where the voice came from. It was Grae.

Tristan wanted to call out his name but he can't manage to make a sound... he just opens his mouth and no single sound comes out.

He decides to run towards Grae. But Grae, without moving, was drifting away... Tristan, was not moving to, it was as if he was running in the air.

Grae was nowhere to be seen anymore... but then a rose sprouted from the pitch black ground... a red rose, the red was so contrasted that it made the things around it black and white.

It was as if red was the only existing color in the room, the color that only has life... blood, the color of Death was the only color who had life in that moment.

Tristan pulls out the rose from the ground.

Footsteps can then be heard... footsteps towards where Tristan stands.

An entity appeared. With a bloody red tuxedo, his face was covered by a lion mask, the fur and skin of a dead albino lion. He had horns the size of Tristan's arms.

" The rose, has finally bloomed." The man said, his voice was calm... but it somehow represented Death.

" Where am I?" Tristan asks.

" If I tell you, you'll know. I want you to find out yourself." The man said.

Out of nowhere, flashes started appearing on Tristan's mind.

Students dead... VON Academy covered in ash... buildings and classroom collapsed... Grae...

Dead.

...

...

...

Hell.

Tristan smiles.