Chapter 40: The Unwanted Guests

{Jonathan}

I open my eyes, and instantly feel the strong sunlight bare through me, as it pours through the window in Ally's room.

I squint, to keep my eyes from hurting.

It's Sunday, July 27.

I look to my left, and notice Ally is still lying beside me, on her side, my arm still draped casually over her waist.

Her hair is slightly tangled, and her face is soft and sweet.

I've always adored the way she sleeps. 

I've always been fascinated by how beautiful her mind is, and how it wanders while she's slipping into the mysterious world of dreams.

Right then, I notice her eyelids begin to flutter open.

Slowly, and then suddenly.

She stretches her arm over her head, and then turns around to look me right in the eye.

"Hey you." I say, my eyes scanning over her beautiful face.

"Hey Jonny," She says, quietly.

She cuddles closer into my chest, and for a few minutes, we lie like that, allowing the morning sun to pour over us entirely.

Once again, it looks like a beautiful summer day in Buffalo.

My nerves have finally settled down after last night's evening.

I absolutely love Ally's family, and I am so happy that meeting them went smoothly.

Her father seems to love talking hockey with me, something that I don't mind at all.

Melissa is a lovely woman, and she's extremely sweet.

After about ten minutes, both of us decide we should probably get moving.

I move across the hall to my bedroom, and change into clothes for the day; grey shorts and a light blue v-neck.

I then wait until I hear Ally come out of her room, and meet her in the hallway.

She's wearing a strapless light blue top, white shorts, and her hair is straight and down.

As always, she looks stunning.

"You hungry?" She asks, smiling.

"Absolutely." I reply.

"Great, because my mom makes killer eggs." She winks.

"My favorite." I chuckle.

The two of us make our way downstairs, where the smell of breakfast greets us.

We make our way into the kitchen, and I notice Melissa standing by the stove, and Peter sitting at the table having a cup of coffee.

"Morning Mom and Dad," Ally greets, grabbing a plate from the counter.

"Morning darling," Ally's parents say in unison.

"Good morning Jonathan," Melissa says, smiling at me.

"Good morning Melissa. Morning Peter. It smells amazing in here," I laugh, running a hand through my hair.

"Why thank-you, darling," Melissa laughs. "Help yourself!" She exclaims.

"Hello everyone!" A fairly high-pitched voice announces from behind me.

I glance at Ally, before turning around to see who the voice belongs to.

Ally's face tenses up, and her eyes widen.

She freezes, and stops helping herself to the platter of eggs on the counter.