Doomsday

Here I was, taking my chances again in the middle of the night. If I wanted to be exact, though, it was actually the early hours of the morning. Earlier in the day, after I brought some iron back to Big Q, I went home and packed away my most essential belongings into a couple bags.

The plan was to bring over a horse from the stables outside of L'Manberg and load the bags onto it. I was betting on everyone else being fast asleep, which—after my encounter with Tommy the night before—might be a lot to hope for. However, the next step would be to transfer all of my stuff into the forest and leave it there until the war's end.

I didn't want to think about what would happen after the war tomorrow. If Techno's words held true and L'Manberg was destroyed, then what? I'd have to build a new house for myself somewhere in the lands of the Dream Smp. Just the thought of it was giving me a headache.

I had already successfully secured a horse from the stables and was on my way back to L'Manburg. My biggest worry would be bringing the horse into the town. Since the platforms that the nation sat upon were made out of wood, there was no way to bring the horse through there—too much noise. So, I had planned an alternate route that would open up to the back of my house.

I swung off the saddle of the horse as we got closer to L'Manberg. I took the reins in one hand and led the horse between the long shadows of the wood and cobble buildings of the town. It was pitch black outside, and I could barely see my hand when it was outstretched in front of me.

Thank goodness I mapped out the route earlier. If not I'd be thoroughly lost.

"(Y/n)! Is that you?"

Startled by the soft voice, I slapped a hand over my mouth to muffle my yelp of surprise. My heart had skipped a beat and quickly began racing before my brain recognized the voice's owner. I squinted in the darkness and managed to catch sight of a gray, translucent figure a couple feet away. Beside it was a fluffy blue sheep.

"Ghostbur?" I whispered in confusion. It had been a long time since I had last seen him—possibly since the day of Techno's failed execution. "What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night!"

"Ghosts don't need sleep, silly," the man giggled with a lopsided smile, "Friend wanted to go on a walk so here I am. But living people do need sleep, I remember. Why are you awake?"

"I needed to move some stuff out of my house," I replied, "I'm going to be building a second house for myself soon." It wasn't completely a lie. I was going to be building a second house, but that would only be due to the fact that I could no longer live in the first one. Of course, I am assuming that Techno manages to destroy all of L'Manberg.

"Oh! That sounds like fun." Ghostbur grinned eagerly. "Can I help? Where are you taking them?"

"I suppose you can help," I told him, "I first got to load this horse with my stuff. Then, we will go out into the woods. I'm going to make a nice little shed to leave my belongings inside until I finish building my new house." I started walking again and Ghosbur trailed alongside me. His blue sheep followed along as well.

"That sounds like a great plan. Why are you building another house, though?"

I thought about my answer for a moment. "Sometimes people want a change of scenery. I think I'll build it on the far side of the Dream Smp."

"Change of scenery..." the ghost muttered, considering my words. He reached down and ran his hand across the wool of his sheep. We soon reached the backside of my house. I tied the reins of the horse to a fencepost and then walked up to the wooden wall. I had cut out a portion of the wall earlier, so when I pressed on the right spot, the cutout separated from the wall.