Chapter 2: Anna's POV

I was flying high above the clouds and about to dive into the clearest waters that I could ever see. I fall through the sky aiming for a spot to land . I plunge into the water in a perfect dive. After I enter the crystal clear water and all the bubbles have drifted away, I was greeted by all kinds of marine life. There were fish, dolphins, sea turtles, colorful jelly fish , seahorses and a whole lot more friendly fish. It took a while but I noticed that as I swam closer to the west, the water got colder as I kept on swimming in that direction. I didn't notice it after I dove into the water but there were two sides, one light and warm and one that was dark and cold. I was on the light side, Thank God. Off on the other side there were all the sea creatures that everybody thinks are evil. There were sharks, angler fish, eels and other animals that could cause harm or seem to do evil deeds. That made shivers go down my spine.

After looking around my surroundings, I hear someone or something call my name out to the dark, cold side of the ocean. It sounded like an echo and really creepy like whenever there's a little child on horror movies and they are ghosts or something like that and they call someone's name. That's how creepy this voice sounded. The voice sounded like it belonged to a women. I search for the source of the voice but it sounded like it was coming from in all different directions. After I located the source, off in the distance, there wad a lady with the bottom half of her had a fish tail that was as black as night, a crown that was made of seashells, sea urchins, and seaweed, greying hair and pale skin. It looked like the "mermaid" lady was motioning me to come closer to her. By then all of the fish on my side have fled, they must be afraid of this lady even though she is on the other side. I feel drawn to the dark side like it was pushing me to go there but as soon as I tried to go toward it, I was getting further away. The dream starts to fade away leaving me in the dark. I was back to the real world now.

"Anna! Anna! Wake Up!!" A familiar voice yells while they shake my shoulder. I groan and open my eyes to be blinded by the lights of Paisley's room. I shield my eyes from the blinding sun to see Dianne there staring at me.

"How long have you been up?" I ask to Dianne.

"We've been up for about an hour waiting on you to wake up. Pais has already gone out to surf, she's been out there for a while so that you two could teach me," Dianne answers back.

I get up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and stretch my whole body. Something woke me up, it sounded like a high-pitch scream. Both of us run out of the house and I grab the nearest surfboard and sprint on to the beach not caring what I looked like. I move my hair that's in front of my eyes and start to scan the area.

After looking out, I see Paisley trying to get up on her surfboard. I pick up the board and quickly paddle out to where my best friend was. When I finally got there, she had already got back on her board but she was shaking like a leaf. She was shaking so much that you could hear a faint rattle. I try to find the source of the rattling to her collarbone.

There was a seashell necklace with 9 small teal beads hanging from a black leather string. It was a very beautiful and unusual necklace. I was pretty sure that it didn't come from a store, and it certainly wasn't made by Paisley, she would've broken the shell, or at least lose it. It was the very first time I have ever seen her wear the strange pendant. She must have gotten it recently, it looked brand new but old at the same time.

I look behind me at Dianne who stayed on the beach watching us carefully, ready to start swimming towards us if we needed it and notice that she had a necklace exactly like Paisley's. I shrug it off, they probably got one for each other, but why wouldn't they get me one? I return my focus to Paisley and help her get to the shore. Obviously something scared the crap out of her. She looked like she just saw a ghost. She tried to speak, but when she did, it all came out in gibberish. I told her to take deep breaths and to tell us what happened after we got her to the shore. Dianne went in to go get some water for the little leaf, while I was listening to what she was saying.

"W-well, I wiped out and it was all of a sudden, so I tried to come up for air but then I realized that I didn't need air, I WAS breathing. BREATHING I TELL YOU!"

She was a little crazy at the moment and needed to get out of the sun and into the shade and with a lot of water and a slap to get all of the crazy out of her. Dianne came with water and Paisley got a huge drink of the cool water. I told Dianne what Paisley had told me about what happened to her.

Dianne looked at me with a very concerned look and patted her head like she was patting a cute little puppy. She smacks Dianne's hand away after a little while growling with fury. She gets up out of the shade and goes into the house with tears in her eyes. she thinks we think that she has gone insane. I follow her and hug her after I jump on her back. I smile and she laughs at me. I laugh and she runs inside, suddenly looking all serious. I follow her into her bedroom and watch as she digs in her closet. She comes back with a glass bottle. She takes out a neatly rolled up paper out of the green glass bottle and unfolds it ever so carefully.

"What? Is this someone's cruel idea of a joke?" Paisley yells, angered by the blank piece of paper we hold in our hands.

Paisley was still acting a little crazy since the incident in the water, so we had to keep an eye on her for the rest of the day. Having to keep her happy so that she wouldn't start yelling random things out of nowhere, well less than usual. I had to sit through her favorite movie The Sandlot 2, (Disclaimer: We do not own The Sandlot series) listen to her favorite song over and over, and play her favorite board games for as long as she wanted to.

She didn't want to go anywhere near the water, so she asked me to go out to teach Dianne how to surf on my own. Whatever she saw or felt really did a number on her, she was very jumpy at the moment but I wouldn't worry to much right now, she will be fine the next day like it never even happened.

I tell Dianne to grab her rented surfboard while I grab mine and head down to the beach. She leaves to go change into her swimsuit and I talk to Paisley. She says she's going to try watch Pretty Little Liars, Supernatural and Sandlot movies. (Disclaimer: we do not own the Sandlot movies, Supernatural or Pretty Little Liars and anything about them) I smile and change into my own swimsuit in the little bathroom connected to her bedroom. I walk down the 14 wooden stairs and go down to the beach with Dianne.

Dianne started to sprint towards the water, I mean sprint like she was a fish and she needed to get to the water before she died or something like that. She was acting very strange. She was laughing, splashing, and diving under water for a long period of time. I try to get her to come out of the water, but she would growl and scream at me, she would also try to free herself from my grasp. I grab her ankle before she successfully got away from me, while she continues to try to squirm away from me. I look right into her eyes as soon as she looked at my face. I feel a tingling sensation in my temples as I stared right into her eyes, then all of a sudden she relaxes as if whatever happened to her was lifted.

We are soooooooo sorry for not updating all summer, we barely saw each other and barely had time to write. We will try to update sooner now. But you never know, we will be going into High School and it will be crazy.