09. | peppermint

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Ophelia whispered her question with a quivering voice.

     Tom didn't answer.

     "Why have you been so, distant, Ophelia?" Tom suddenly questioned but all Ophelia picked up on was the sound of her name.

      Ophelia.

     Why did her own name have such an effect on her when it came out of his lips? Ophelia did not have an answer. 

     She could only focus on him and the way his skin looked like porcelain, as though if she played with him too roughly, he would shatter. Her eyes focused on his sharp jawline and dark eyes. They say there is no such thing as having black eyes but he had them. 

     His eyes were as black as coal and though they were drowning in obsidian, they were more alluring than any kind eyes could ever be.

     He was a magnetic force of a man.

     And God his lips. God, how soft they looked. Ophelia couldn't help but think about when his lips brushed against her own. How close they were to touching, to giving into the forbidden connection they shared. Professor Riddle, what spell has he put on her? Ophelia was begging to know. She had never felt this way about anyone before. She had never known anyone who could make her insides flip upside down or cause her blood to rush when she even caught sight of them.

     "Ophelia?" he snapped her back into reality.

      Ophelia inhaled sharply. "I told you, you make me nervous," she answered his previous question honestly. Tom tilted his head to the side and walked closer to her, closing the distance between them. 

     Ophelia's skin was covered in goosebumps and her body felt as though it was bursting into flames, despite it being winter, but how could she worry about such irrelevant things when he was now leaning in, pressing his sweet, soft, and yet poisonous lips against hers?

     He tasted like the forbidden fruit that Ophelia had been dreaming of tasting. She had dreamed of how it would taste. If it would taste like peaches or sweet pomegranate juice. Ophelia dreamed of its juices coating the inside of her throat.

In the end, she was wrong.

Tom Riddle tasted of peppermint.