Soda

It wasn't the best day in your life. There was nothing to be upset about, but nothing wonderful didn't happen either. Your heart was full of weird feeling of tiredness and sadness.

Green Hills was your home for as long as you can remember. You miss the times when you loved it with all your heart, when you constantly learned sonething new. Now, you didn't found anything beautiful in South Island. Dull grass, dull sky and dull sunlight was all you had right now. Everyday a sense of deja-vu wouldn't leave your head, it was almost like you've already knew what's going to happen.

There was a period when a mad siencist captured most of your friends and turned them into living batteries for his robots, but it was more of a reason for evacuation. A change which you didn't like. Everything is okay now though, and boring daily routine returned for torturing you instead of that egg-head.

A small sigh came out from your lips as you walked towards the cliff and sat on the ground. The ocean beneath you wasn't so charming for you anymore. Just a big puddle. Circles on the surface of water slowly widens before dissapearing.

All sorts of thought resonated in your mind. They were literally unbearable, you wanted to disappear so you wouldn't have to feel like that.

Just a big puddle of water.

Suddenly you heard a strange noise. Quick stomps from the distance, as if someone was running really fast. You already guessed who it was.

Stomps became louder and closer, and very soon a blue hedgehog appeared. Looks like he didn't think about his momentum, because the hedgehog almost fell from the cliff, but quickly took a step back and landed on the grass with his butt right next to you.
"Sup [your name]."

Sonic the Hedgehog. That one guy who just randomly appeared in Green Hills and saved the day from Eggman, afterwards you two became folks.

"Hi, Sonic. How are you?" You saw him holding two soda cans.

"I could ask you the same." He looked at you with a questioning expression.

"Me?" You asked. "I feel alright. I mean- been better, but... I'll be fine. Don't worry." With those words, you gave Sonic an awkward smile.

He doesn't seem to believe your words. It was visible because of his suspecting look. At this moment you felt something cold touching you. You glanced at your arm, and saw a can of [your favourite flavor] soda. Sonic poked you with it, forcing you to look at him. You were slightly confused.

"This one's for ya." He said, offering you a carbonated drink.

"...Oh, um, thanks." You took the soda and opened it with a distinctive sound. Sonic did the same with his one. "But why?"

"No special reason." He raised his head, staring at the sky.

"But you somehow knew that I'm here and brought my favourite soda."

"I just saw how you hovered around. You seem upset, so here I am." He shrugged.

"I already said, I'll be fine." You assured him before taking a sip of your soda. Fizzy taste of [your favourite flavor] almost made you hum in pleasure, but you exhaled through your nose instead.

"You'll be actually fine only if I can say so myself. Right now I can't." Hedgehog frowned, gazing at you.

"Look, I know you want to give me a hand, but I don't need help." You tighten your grasp on the can.

"Whaddya need then?" He spread his hands.

"I... need something different. I need something other than just grass, loop-de-loops and a bunch of sunflowers. I need changes." You took another sip.

"Then make those changes yourself if you denying my help! Don't waste your precious time, If you want to do something, then do it right away – it's the only way to live a life without regrets." His hand leaned on your shoulder. "At least, that's what I figured out."

"But how? What should I do?" Your ears slowly lowered. "I'm such an ordinary person that I can't even imagine anything new."

"Yeah right." Sonic rolled his eyes. "You know that it's not true. If you try – you can do anything."

"Easy for you to say." You looked away. Goosebumps covered your skin, but it wasn't obvious because of your fur. "You stopped Dr. Eggman and saved the Little Planet, and it was piece of cake for you."

"It wasn't, you dumb [animal type]!" He waved his forefinger. "Look, I think I know what's your problem. You're too limited! You think everything is simple and mediocre, but it's not like that at all. You need to ponder outside the box, to expand your mind!" Sonic pointed at his temples. "For example, try to imagine how it is - fighting a robot."

He was right, and that fact only made your mood worse. You never really think about his feelings or motivations. You never thought about the thrill of fighting because your whole life was TOO peaceful. And all you knew about your blue pal was that he's cool. He never talks about his state, right the opposite – he usually puts others first.
You realized that it's already something different. As said before, you never thought about Sonic's feelings, but now you do.

"Maybe you're right. I should think non-ordinary, it could help me find something new in my life." You quietly said, noticing a wily grin that grew on Sonic's face.

"I mean, someone would need to replace me when I'll leave this Island. You won't find such a mind anymore. If you'll be able to make some changes yourself, I allow you to take my place, girl."

Oh, right. Sonic is an adventure-loving guy, he doesn't have a place to call «home». Very soon he'll no longer be here.
That's no good for you.

It looks like hedgehog noticed your no-longer-happy expression.

"...Or you could join me in my adventures sometime!"

"That'll be nice... If I could keep up with your speed." You giggled. "I will try to promote my running skills for you."

"Now that's what I call an attitude!" He winked, giving you a pat on the back before standing up. "Well, that was a nice chit-chat." Sonic put his soda on the grass, stretches his arms and picks the drink up. "Don't forget having some faith in yourself if you want respect from your friends."

"Thanks. I won't." You smiled and took a sip of your soda. Again.

"Cya lil' sis, gotta juice!" He responded and ran away on a maximum speed.

You watched him dissapear in the clouds of dust that he left while running. When you looked at the ocean again, you felt sort of relief. Blue waves passed by, and fresh air filled your lungs. Nothing really special, but...
You have to make it special. Maybe you can find a new book to read... or maybe write one? You can try sport and gymnastics, or a new cooking recipe – you might give it a shot!

Green grass, sapphire sky, warm sunlight. No more annoying thoughts... Except one.

Did he just called you "sis"?