Chapter 1- Normal Life

Love, Harry (Highschool AU)

Harry:I'm just like you.

For the most part, my life is totally normal.

My dad was the annoying but handsome football player who married the hot redhead who originally hated his guts.

And, no, they didn't get along in high school.

I have a sister that I actually like, not that I'd ever tell her that.And last year, and 200 episodes of chopped ago... she decided she wanted to be a chef.

Which means we're pretty much all her test subjects now.

^Small flashback^"Is it spicy, James?" Lily questions while looking at her husband's face, which is starting to get redder by the second. This doesn't continue for long because the next minute James is running straight to the sink continuously spitting. "Oh! Gracious. Oh, my gosh!" He yells in between pants.

Harry:

And then there are my friends. Two of them, I've known since pretty much the beginning of time. Or at least kindergarten. One of them, I just met a few months ago, but it feels like I've known her forever.

We do everything friends do. We drink way too much iced coffee, watch bad '70s movies and hang out at Waffle house dreaming of what life after high school will be like.

So, as I said. I'm just like you. I have a totally, perfectly normal life.Except I have one huge-ass secret.

No one POV:Harry is in his train of thought but these however, get interrupted by James loudly knocking on the door and bursting in."Hey! Morning! Oh!" James exclaims as he walks in the door to see Harry slide in his chair towards the desk."Hey!" Harry reply's in a surprised voice"Sorry. I didn't realize you were masturbating.""Yeah, very funny." Harry rolls his eyes at his dad's response, which is somehow always similar to the last."Your sister's downstairs making some fancy pancake thing she saw on Top Chef, so we should probably go eat that." He explains, breaking the moment of silence that fell between the two."Ok. Great. I'll be down in just a second.""Okay. Right after you finish searching the internet for... lingerie photos of Gigi Hadib?"Harry lightly scoffs at this, "It's Hadid." He replies and slightly chuckles while saying it."Right. I didn't realize she was your girlfriend."Oh how much Harry wanted to reply with 'I'm gay and I'm not into girls at all.' But was he going to do this? No, that can wait for another time... maybe."All right. You got me." Harry says while snapping out of his thoughts again.

While quickly but also slowly going down the stairs, all Harry can hear is his footsteps, the rest of his family chattering amongst themselves, the sound of pans and mixers in the kitchen being used by his sister, 'adding to the noise already being made.

"Morning, guys." Harry announces to his family after getting used to the noise."Harry, have a seat, honey" His mum, Lily, says to him in her normal calming voice."Morning, Harry." His sister, Luna, replies from the kitchen, which is a few steps away from him."You eat your breakfast." Lily orders in a calm but stern voice."Please don't tell me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day because that is just so cliché. And I know, for a matter of fact, that you're better than that.""I was gonna say that but never mind that now."

"Luna. These are incredible.""Cornmeal pancakes with blackberry compote. But they're not crumbly enough." She sighs in a sad voice, in a way that sounds defeated."Stop it. They're perfect.""Eat up, Pads." Harry says while feeding their dog, Padfoot, the rest of his pancake before grabbing his bag and walking towards the door.

"See you, guys." He yells across the house to his family."See ya, Harry.""Hey, honey. Be back by seven! It's TV night." His parents yell back from where they were before. "Ok will do." He replies to his mum before closing the front door behind him.

Authors Note:Part 1 completed. Only so much more to do:) Updates for this book may not be as often as I would like but I'm a busy bitch so yeah.