12.

Xander

Chantel Pieters, an interesting woman, but not more interesting than Nikki, knows how to hold a conversation, and knows a lot about business, sports, and just everything else, not once did she show fear when I tried to intimidate her, she stood her ground and pushed back, I like her. To also add to her intellectual knowledge, she has beautiful, curly short hair, honey-brown eyes, freckles on her cute nose, a gorgeous body from what I could tell, and caramel-coloured skin. No wonder my father is against them, they draw you in like bees to honey and before you know it, you're hooked.

Stay focused, Xander.

"So, how long will you be here?"

"Well, I'm planning on going back, in a few days," I reply, "Why?"

"We need to discuss a few things about project finances, get your account details, and just confirmation on transfers and all that," she replies.

"Sure, of course," I nodded.

"Great," she stands up from her seat and I do the same, "When you have the time either today or tomorrow you can pop by my office, and we can discuss everything."

"Miss Pieters," I say with a smile.

"It was wonderful meeting you Mr Forsythe," she smiles seductively, "I look forward to getting to know you."

And she walks away before I can even respond, I feel a tightening in my pants, and I sit back down.

Crap, not this again.

I feel the tension coming from the other side of the room and Nikki and Aiden seem to be in some silent intense argument, Nikki looks terrified more than anything, I need to help her, I stand up, pulling my suit jacket down and I approach.

"Do we have a problem here?"

They both look at me and Nikki looks like she's on the verge of tears, something is going on between them, I knew it!

Nikki clears her throat, "Nothing, everything is okay."

"Are you sure? You don't look, okay?" I ask worriedly.

Like a bee to honey, I'm trapped, if the only father could see me now, he'd end me.

"She said, she's okay, now back off," Aiden says, moving closer to me.

I stand my ground and stare at him, I clench my jaw, I really don't like this guy.

"I wasn't talking to you van Rensburg, I was talking to lady," I reply through gritted teeth.

"Bullshit, this sexist piece of shit, caring about women," he chuckles, "Absolute bullshit."

"Aiden," Nikki says in disbelief.

"He's not wrong about that," I say and walk out of the room, I pull out my phone to text Charles, he replies and says he's down the hall in Jo-Anne's office with Damien. I make my way there and open the door and it's just the two of them, crap.

"You look frazzled, what's wrong?"

"Nikki is fucking Aiden,"

Charles gasps lightly and Damien winces, "Shit."

I groan, "That's the last time I give a shit about a woman, see I fucking tried Charles."

"Xander, come on, you can still be friends with her," Damien suggests, "It's something at least."

"What am I going to do? We have dinner tonight," I sit down on one of the chairs and run my hand through my hair, dammit, I'm so stupid, to think I even had a chance with her.