I'm Ready ≫ Micah x Pregnant! Reader

Art: moth-flights

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Implied birth
• Some gore

A/N: It has been a long, LONG time since I've read Moth Flight's Vision. I think the last time I read that book, I was in eighth grade. I apologize if I unintentionally butcher a character's personality or design. I'm running on fumes here, guys xD

****

You sighed, changing sleeping positions for the hundredth time. Normally you slept like a rock, but lately, you had been finding it much harder to get comfortable. Your belly was nearly as big as your whole body, and your paws and back ached constantly.
Where's Micah?
The reason for your discomfort— better known as Micah— was nowhere to be seen. He had a habit of running off unexpectedly to find herbs, but you didn't feel comfortable with him being gone when you were so close to kitting.
You groaned in frustration, propping yourself up slightly and glancing around the den. Moth Flight was at the back, carefully separating some sort of leaf from it's stem.
"Good evening, (Y/N)," The white she-cat meowed, with an emphasis on 'evening'. "How are you feeling?"

"Bloated," You grumbled, ignoring the sarcasm in her voice. "Where's Micah?"

"He went to find some catmint," She replied calmly, flicking a leaf off of her claw and turning to face you. "Why?"

You flattened your ears. Why were all your friends so dense?
"Because he's my mate and I want him to be here when his kits are born," You snapped irritably. "Is that too much to ask?"
A sudden clenching sensation built up in your belly, and you gritted your teeth and hissed.
"Speaking of which, I'd like him back now."
This was no surprise, however. You had been having contractions on and off all night, but you never told Micah. You were worried it was going to be a false alarm, and everyone would panic over nothing.
But as your belly finally unclenched and a warm trickle of water seeped out from under your tail, you knew this was the real deal.

Moth Flight's green eyes widened slightly, and she rose to her paws and padded over to your side. Carefully, she lifted your tail with her paw and smiled.
"Your kits are coming, (Y/N)," She explained. "I'm afraid I can't leave you right now. Micah will be back as soon as he can."
That wasn't the answer you wanted, but it wasn't like you could walk out of camp and find him yourself.

"Okay," You agreed in a murmur. "I'm ready."

Micah's POV

If there was one thing Micah hated, it was not being able to find the herb he had set out for.
What a waste of a day, He thought begrudgingly as he entered camp. I'll never travel that far for an herb again.
Just as he passed the cluster of rocks that marked the end of the trail into camp, Wind Runner trotted up to him hastily, her amber eyes flashing with relief when she saw him.
Micah tipped his head off to one side, confused.
"Wind Runner? What is it?"

"We've been looking everywhere for you," The wiry brown she-cat heaved breathlessly. Micah blinked. What was going on? Wind Runner looked like she'd run across the whole moor and back without stopping, and upon stealing a brief glance around, he saw that every cat was sitting in the clearing outside of Moth Flight's den, anxiously pacing and murmuring to one another.