ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Purple - Rachel Bochner┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓"So easy to forget what makes it worth more, they search forWays to justify their thoughts, we'd rather keep it quiet'Cause I'm too busy loving you in-I'm too busy loving you in purple, pur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
"So easy to forget what makes it worth more, they search for
Ways to justify their thoughts, we'd rather keep it quiet
'Cause I'm too busy loving you in-
I'm too busy loving you in purple, purple"
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

0:55 ──────────── 2:53

II

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Maddie woke up at 7 am to the sound of Lucas bursting through her bedroom door, ambushing her with a large collection of balloons and confetti. He sprinkles it over her as she shrieks, feeling the flakes fall into her hair as he attempts a horrifying rendition of Happy Birthday, his voice split with laughs as he watches her incredulous face.

"-Happy birthday to you!" He finishes, clasping his hands together proudly. Behind him, she sees her parents slip into the room, both clapping quietly. "Happy eighteenth, Maddie!"

She accepts the presents he thrusts into her hands, and for the next half hour, she spends some time with her family. They watch as she opens their gifts, and she feels the air pulse with love as they share that time. From her parents, she gets a new bracelet, a lovely mint-green dress, and a pair of tickets to see her favorite Quidditch team. Lucas gives her an assortment of gifts, but he holds back on the main ones until their parents are out of the room.

"Right," he whispers, sitting on the edge of her bed. He glances back, watching as her bedroom door closes behind their parents. "I have to go to work, but I got a few more things for you." She grins. "You can thank me later."

Eyeing him suspiciously, she carefully picks at the ribbon on the first one and gasps happily as she pulls out a new shirt; Lucas's style is always perfect, so it's the type of style she loves.

From there on, every gift he presents her with makes her beam. He gives her a few pieces of jewelry, some fancy sunglasses, a lovely green succulent, and a sprinkling of condoms (to which she scowls, and then throws in his face).

She's onto the final present now, and as she unwraps it, she finds herself gasping. It's a large framed photo, and she recognizes it as it being from the time she went out with Sirius for ice cream. The picture is of both of them posing cheerily in front of his camera, grinning from ear to ear. She identifies it as being on their third date with the boy, and as she gazes fondly at the print, she can't help but smile.