Say you won't let go Pt. 1

A big thanks to @whamjackson for helping me with the end of this. If you guys haven't read her series starting with Creepy Whispers, you have to check it out. It is literally amazing. I love it and am obsessed with it 🫣😂

Present (2023) time:
Y/N pov:
I brushed a gray hair out of my eyes, and looked at the picture. "You didn't keep your promise.. you let go.." I brushed a tear away before closing my eyes. I let myself drift into the lyrics, falling asleep with only memories to comfort me.

George's pov:
1980: I looked in the mirror one more time, adjusting my bowtie before fixing a stray piece of hair. "C'mon mate, you look good. She'll love you." My best mate, Andrew tugged at my arm, pulling me towards the door where my mum stood smiling. "You boys go and have a good time, you both look absolutely charming." I felt my cheeks blush at my mum's compliment as we headed out to the car. "Thanks mum, we'll see you later."

Y/N pov:
I waited at the front door, wringing my hands. Butterflies flitted about in my stomach, making my heart race. I checked the mirror, making sure my hair and face were fine. "You look stunning, stop fretting. He'll be in awe of you." I turned to give my dad a hug.

"Thanks dad.. I guess I'm just nervous, this is my first date.. I mean, it's not a 'date' but I think it's a date." I rambled, something I always do when I'm nervous. "I remember my first date with your mother.. you look so much like her..." He pulled me in for another hug. I held him tight, before hearing someone walk up to the door.

"I love you dad." "I love you too y/n.. go make your mum proud.."
George smiled, obviously nervous but adorable as ever. His dimples added go his charm. "Good evening y/n, ready for our date?"

I nodded, and smiled shyly, grabbing my small purse before going out the door (which George was holding). "My little girl is all grown up.." I gave my dad once last smile before he closed the door.

George laced his arm through mine as we walked to the car. "So, you like dancing, right?" He asked, opening the car door.

"Yes, but I'm absolutely horrible at it as you'll see in a bit." I laughed. "Well, I could give you a few pointers, Andy and I go dancing quite a bit." His dimples popped in as he smiled.

George, Andy, and I all had gone to school together for quite a few years, but I'd never talked to them much. Or at least until a few months ago. Andy's girl was one of my friends, so that's how we started talking. I found out that they wanted to start a band, and they needed backing dancers. When I tried to protest, telling Andy that I couldn't dance, he just waved me off saying that I'd learn. "I can help if you'd like." George had said.
And so here we are now, getting ready for the school dance.

I had a crush on George, and he was single to my knowledge, so I was hoping this would turn into something more than a friendship.

........

We walked into the building and looked around. There were some fancy tables, some buffets with food, and a dance floor. The lights were low, and classical music was playing softly. They had roses and small candles at each table. "It's really nice here..." I said, taking in everything as we walked to a table to grab plates.

The buffet had quite a variety of food, some of which I hadn't tried. "Hey George, you won't be disappointed," said Andy, who was farther down the line. "there's actually a bit of Greek food here." As George and I made it to where Andy had been, George looked at what they had. "Not too bad looking, we'll have to see how authentic it is." He laughed as he dished up a bit of everything.

"So your dad is Greek, right?" I'd met George's mum once, but I hadn't met his dad, and his mom sure didn't sound Greek to me. "Yes, he is. And my mum is English. What about your parents?" He smiled and looked at me as we sat down.

"My mum is- was Swedish, and my dad is English."

"Oh so that's why you have blue eyes!" He said in between a bite, looking up at me and smiling.

........

I was nervous, I'd danced on my own, but it was always funny looking to my family, which is why I only danced at home. "My mum was a dancer." George said, taking my hands as the first song started playing. "Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much... So, you sway with me like this, and see how I'm moving my feet- move yours like this." He showed me how to maneuver my feet, and I picked up on the pattern fast. "There you go! You got it!" He grinned before spinning me around. "You're doing amazing honestly..." The song changed and he changed his dance, and showed me how to dance with him again. "See! It's easy!" I smiled, I guess he was right..

.........

A few other styles of songs were played, and George patiently helped me with each one. "You look really beautiful.." He blushed and his dimples showed as he grinned nervously. I started blushing too, "Thanks.. you look really handsome.." His confidence seemed to boost and he spun me around but this time added a dip. His face was inches away from mine. "Well then, a beautiful sweet girl belongs with a handsome man right?" He smirked goofily, I laughed giddily and agreed as he pulled me back up.

........

That was the first of many dates. We got married in the summer of 1984. George and Andy had started the band they'd dreamed of and were doing okay. I got a job, since they weren't making enough from the record contract. We got a decent home not too far from either of our parents' places.

September 26th, 1985

I stared at it.

For how long I don't know.

Seconds? Minutes?

It's felt like an eternity that I've been standing in here.

Soon the answer to my question showed up. For a few seconds I just stood there, not able to think or process what I was seeing.

As reality started to register in my brain, the tears started to form in my eyes. I let out an awkward laugh and covered my mouth.

No way.

"George! George, Get in here!"