1

"Tower, this is ghost rider requesting a flyby," The pilot, with the call sign of Ace, requests as she nears the ship after a successful patrol.

"Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full," Someone from the tower responds which causes the RIO, with the call sign of Spades, to shake her head since she knows what her pilot is about to do.

"Good thing I wasn't really asking for permission. Right, Spades?" Ace says with a smirk, causing Spades to playfully roll her eyes. Spades honestly did not know how Ace had not gotten them kicked out of the Navy yet.

"When do you ever ask for permission?" Spades asks sarcastically before realizing that it was the wrong question to ask her pilot. "Never mind. Please don't answer that." Ace laughs at how well her RIO knows her.

"Here we go," Ace announces as she speeds by the air control tower. Ace cheers excitedly which causes Spades to smile.

"Ace, Spades, come in here," Nightmare calls from behind the closed office door a few hours later.

"What did you do now?" Dylan Coleman, call sign Spades, asks as she walks past Skylar Maddox, call sign Ace, with an accusing look.

"I don't know," Ace answers her with a shrug as they prepare to enter the office while Ace tries to think of anything she may have done here recently. "Shit."

Ace lightly shakes her head as they enter the office, having remembered the admiral's son that she has been sneaking around with on the ship. Spades sends Ace an accusing glare before they stand at attention in front of Nightmare's desk.

"Ace, I swear your ego is writing checks your body can't cash," Nightmare says as Ace also remembers doing the unauthorized flyby of the air-control tower that very morning. "You've been busted. You lost your qualifications as section leader, twice. Put in hack by me."

Nightmare looks done at the papers on his desk, which is a list of everything that Ace has done and it was a long one. Well, more like three pages long.

"With a history of high-speed passes over six air-control towers, not including the one this morning and one admiral's son."

"Harry Benjamin?" Spades asks in a whisper as she glances over at Ace for conformation before Ace winks at her with a slight shrug while holding back a smirk.

"And you, chica," Nightmare says as he stands up while pointing at Spades before walking around the desk to stand behind Spades and Ace. "You're lucky to be here."

"Thank you, sir," Spades quickly says as she stands back up straight while Nightmare looks over at Ace from behind them.

"And let's not bullshit, Ace, you're a woman pilot in the Navy," Nightmare explains which causes Ace and Spades to roll their eyes. "You need to be doing it better and cleaner than the men are. Both of you should be." Nightmare walks around Ace to stand in front of her. "Now, what is it with you?"

"I just wanna serve my country and be the best fighter pilot in the Navy, sir," Ace answers him honestly because she wanted nothing more than to prove that she could be the best.

"Don't screw around with me, Ace," Nightmare says as he leans back against his desk. "You're a hell of an instinctive pilot. Maybe too good. I'd like to bust your butt, but I can't. I got another problem here." Nightmare shakes his head as he glances at Spades. "I gotta send somebody from this squadron to Miramar."

Ace tries to hold back a smile while Spades cuts her eyes over to look at Ace.

"I gotta do something here. I still can't believe it. I gotta give you, your dream shot. I'm gonna send you up against the best." Nightmare looks over at Spades then back at Ace. "You two characters are going to Top Gun."

A smile starts to form on Spades' face as she glances over at Ace, who is holding back a smile.

"For five weeks you're gonna fly against the best fighter pilots in the world while being someone else's problem." Nightmare stands back up in front of Ace. "But you remember one thing. You screw up just this much..." Nightmare holds two of his fingers close together with barely any space between them. "The only flying you will being doing is in a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong."

"Yes, sir," Ace replies with a nod to show that she understands.

"That is all," Nightmare says as he glances between Spades and Ace before walking back around his desk to sit down while Ace and Spades start backing towards the door. Ace quickly opens the door with Spades right behind her. "Ladies." Ace and Spades turn to look back at Nightmare. "Good luck."

"Thank you, sir," Spades responds with a nod before walking past Ace, out the door.

"Ace," Nightmare calls out once more, causing Ace to stop to look back at him. "For the love of God, try to stay out of trouble."

"You know I can't make that promise, sir," Ace replies with a smirk before leaving the office, causing Nightmare to shake his head.

"We're going to Top Gun!!" Spades cheers as the girls share an excited hug.

"And we're going to dominate every single one of those men," Ace adds with mischievous smile, causing Spades to laugh.

"I'm just glad that we're going to be back on land," Spades says as she pats Ace on the shoulder. Ace nods in agreement before they walk back to their bunks to get packed. While packing, Ace can't help but to remember when she and Spades first met.

"Looks like we're the only women here," Dylan Coleman says as she sits beside Skylar Maddox, who is looking around at everything with wide eyes.

"Appears so," Skylar replies with a smile before holding her hand out to Dylan. "I'm Skylar Maddox by the way."

"Dylan Coleman," Dylan responds with a nod while she shakes Skylar's hand. "So, what are your goals?"

"I just wanna serve my country and be the best fighter pilot in the Navy," Skylar explains with a cocky smirk, causing Dylan to smile. "Oh, and I plan on going to Top Gun."

"Hell yeah," Dylan cheers with her smile growing to excited. "Well if you are wanting a RIO, I'll gladly be one for you."

"Bet!" Skylar agrees with an equally excited smile.