An ordinary town - Magnus moves on

Magnus waited until darkness covered their arrival, he led the creatures through the empty streets and down dark alleys until they found the perfect spot to set up their new temporary home. As he listened to the creatures chatter in their strange language only, they could understand he looked around him, always alert for the next potential meal. Everything was quiet, the street lamps casting a weak glow on the pavements and the sound of the creatures claws scratching and clicking as they scurried around him. Magnus sniffed the air; his sense of smell was acute and under the regular smells of damp and the smoke from log burners he could sense that there was a potential meal nearby. Magnus smiled but it gave his face no warmth, he bent to caress one of his pets, its fur sticky with blood from feasting on Terry. He was pretty sure that he wouldn't be found, the creatures had eaten everything, their sharp pointed teeth making short work of the bones and offal. The leader had taken the eyeballs, lapping them up with his long tongue and popping them in his mouth. No, Terry was all gone and good riddance to him too. Marcus brushed his hands together as though disposing of a film of dust and dirt and the creatures chattering grew louder, he signalled to them to be quiet "it wouldn't do for anyone to see you until they have to or need to, would it?" he told them and looking around him one last time he ushered them onwards and away from prying eyes.