Crush trouble

Btw yall the first two will have the whole book in one chapter though the rest will have actual chapters//
[

Pov:Nick]

“So Clay, when's the next game?” I asked my friend, who was walking beside me as we walked into the school.
He sighed and glanced at me. “Not for a few more weeks Nick. We still need to get our stuff together for the next game anyway,” he said as he put his stuff in his locker.
It was the first day of the second semester and we had just gotten to our lockers. The cool autumn breeze blew through the hall through the open door, some students shivering as they talked amongst themselves. Clay and I talked about the football games and practices to come as we walked to home room. When we sat down the bell rang, a disheveled George running in right on time. He sat next to me and Clay, leaning on the blonde and sighing.
“I slept in and had to run to school,” he groaned as Clay and I snickered. “Anyway, do y'all remember what I said about my brother?” he said, sitting up and brushing his fingers through his hair. We shrugged, George chuckling, enriching his thick British accent. “Well he'll be here any minute. He's finally moved in with me and he got our home room class!”
“He's probably a geek like you,” Clay stated as he placed his chin in his hands. I nodded, watching the door to see when George’s brother would walk in. Soon a brunette guy walked in, wearing a large purple hoodie and leggings over black leather boots. His fluffy hair hung over his deep amber gaze as it swept over the classroom, sparkling when it reached George. He took out his headphones and put them and his phone away, walking over and hugging George. I knew the instant I saw him that I had a crush on him. George smiled, hugging him back before he turned to us to introduce  him. “Guys, this is my brother Karl. He'll be part of our group now and if there are any problems, I'll solve them. Understand?” We both nodded, Clay smiling at Karl while I just stared in pure amazement at how pretty he was. I snapped out of it when George hit the back of my head.
“Ow!” I yelped, rubbing the place he’d smacked. “What was that for?”
He huffed, crossing his arms before saying “You shouldn’t stare at people Nick! It's rude!” Karl giggled, catching my attention and holding it. Clay looked at me then at Karl, a smirk blossoming on his face as he realized what had happened. He cleared his throat, making us all look at him
“Guys, Professor Philza is gonna call role soon and y'all might wanna sit down soon.” He said, leaning back in his chair. Karl looked around for a seat before Clay spoke up again, “Hey Karl, there's an empty seat next to nick.” I gave him a death glare when he looked at me with a smirk. Karl sat down next to me and I freaked out, his smile making my heart beat rapidly. He looked at me and my heart beat even faster as his deep amber eyes met my own storm gray ones. He gave me a little wave, revealing his painted nails that gleamed in the light. I noticed he was wearing a lot of purple, his nails painted a sparkly lilac. I waved back, feeling Clay and George staring holes in my back. I heard Clay whisper something to George that made the brit gasp softly and then chuckle. I just hope Clay didn’t say anything about my new found crush on Karl but I didn't count on it.
A few days later I was eating my lunch on a bench next to the cafeteria when I heard someone clear their throat next to me. I looked over, seeing Karl standing next to me. I choked on my food a little, panicking as he asked if he could sit with me, to which I nodded. He smiled and sat next to me, not noticing the blush on my face. I smiled, admiring him for a minute before I heard muttering from some girls. They were talking about me, seemingly angry at me. I just ignored it, waving to Karl when the bell rang and he had to go to class, meanwhile I had a free period. It seemed those girls did too because they walked up to me and stood in front of me. Before I could even ask what was going on one of the girls spoke.
“How dare you nick! That boy is perfectly happy and you're trying to play him too?” She said, blue eyes filled with anger. I shook my head, standing up and realizing they were taller than me.
“I don’t wanna play him, why don’t you mind your own business?” I said, trying to push past them so I could go find Clay and George so we could hang out during our shared free period. One of the girls grabbed my arm, making me whirl around and yell “I said leave me alo-” Smack! A stinging red hand print appeared on my face, disorienting me and causing me to stumble.
“We’re just concerned for that boy, and you are just trying to break his heart!” said the other girl who hadn't spoken yet. I huffed, rubbing my cheek before I heard Clay and George walk up behind me and scare the girls away. George looked at the mark, clenching his teeth in anger. He spun on his heels, walking up to a pine cone and giving it a swift kick, sending it flying over the school's roof. Clay crossed his arms, looking me in the eye.
“Nick, why did she slap you?” He asked, making me look down.
“She thought I was gonna try and play Karl, but why would I hurt him? I really like him and I feel like someones gonna tell him about my past relationships and I'll never get a chance.” George and Clay looked at me then at each other, staying dead silent. I thought about it, my self doubt getting to me. I unknowingly started to cry, feeling my friends wrap me in a hug to comfort me. I just wished I didn't have such a bad relationship history so people would trust me to date someone. Little did we know Karl was listening from around the corner. After a few weeks of hesitating and dealing with my self doubt and peoples opinions I decided to confess to Karl at the homecoming dance. I’d dressed up for the dance, picking up the bouquet I'd gotten for Karl. I sighed then turned to look at Clay and George, who’d helped me get ready. They smiled at me, George walking up to fix my shirt collar.
“You look good bro,” Clay said, “Karl’s gonna say yes. I just know it.”
“Yeah! He’ll say yes for sure!” George agreed, smiling at me as he backed off. I sighed, messing with the flower petals a bit. “Alright go on! Go ask him!” George said, pushing me into the gym. I looked around, seeing Karl standing in the corner writing in a note-book. I sighed, walking over to the shorter slowly.
“H-Hey Karl,” I say, hiding the flowers behind my back. “I honestly never expected you to say yes when I asked you to the dance.” He chuckled, speaking softly.
“Why wouldn’t I want to go with you nick? You're kind, funny, handsome,” He added with an undertone, “and you make me feel like I belong here.” I chuckled, blushing harder when he said that.
“Well anyway, I have something else to ask you.” I said, shuffling my feet.
“Oh? What is it?” he asked, stepping closer to me. I breathed in, looking at him as I started to speak.
“I wanted to ask you,” I paused, pulling the flowers out from behind my back. “Will you be my boyfriend?” I watched him think for a moment, my heart racing through the silence.
“Can I give you my answer in a few days?” he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.
“Yeah! Of course you can!” I replied, smiling at him. I handed him the flowers and walked away as I waved goodbye to him. I got around the corner and I felt like I wanted to scream. I let it out by groaning into my hands. I wasn’t upset with Karl. I was upset with myself because I thought I'd done terrible and he wasn’t gonna say yes. I started to give up about a week into waiting, but I gained hope when Karl asked me to meet him in the park next to the fountain on saturday. I rode my bike there, seeing him doing tricks on his skateboard while he waited for me. He smiled when I rode up, hopping off his board while I got off my bike.
“So why'd you wanna meet me here?” I asked, raising my eyebrow slowly.
“I wanted to give you my answer,” he said, looking at me with those amber eyes of his “and my answer is yes.” I stutterd, a blush rising on my face.
“K-Karl I don’t know what to say!” I said as I looked at him, his hand grabbing mine.
“Then don't say anything” He said, leaning up and kissing me. I just returned the kiss, wrapping my arms around his waist as he wrapped his around my neck. When we pulled away he smiled at me, I smiled back as I pulled him into a hug. We didn’t say anything, we didn't need to, we just continued on with our lives. Sure we may have argued and fought along the way, but we were inseparable, sticking together through thick and thin.
We like to say, “I will love you, always and forever.” and we mean it.