Chapter 1 *Lazy clouds above*

~M/n's Pov~

While the 20-year-old guy was fighting with a younger blond, one of the sailors caught my attention. The sailor that had caught my attention was falling off the ship, I'm assuming Gon saw the guy before I did as he was already jumping out after the guy. I quickly ran after her and grabbed Gon's feet so he wouldn't fall into the water, but I slipped and fell out too. I promptly closed my eyes waiting for the water to sink me in but that didn't happen. I opened my eyes and looked at my feet and saw that the blondie and the 20-year-old grabbed onto me. They quickly pulled Gon and me back onto the boat, and the sailor kept thanking Gon repeatedly.

"YOU GUYS CAN'T BE JUMPING OUT OF SHIP IN A MIDDLE OF A STORM!" the 20-year-old nagged at Gon and me.

Gon started to smile and giggle to himself, and I looked at him confused.

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND YOU COULD HAVE DIED GON!" we continued to get nagged for a while until Gon decided to speak up and talk.

"But I didn't" Gon looked at him with a cheeky smile

"Gon still you could have died if I didn't run after you or got you in time" I sighed looking at the boy.

"But I didn't, and that's because you guys got me before anything else happened!" He smiled at me and giggled.

"Still though what if I didn't notice you jumping out of the ship!? What if I lost my grip on you!?" I raised my voice at him a bit annoyed.

"Ya but you still caught me and that's all that matters," Gon said, he turned to look at the others and started to chat with them.

We soon found out the other boy's names, Kurapika was the blondie and Leorio was the 20-year-old. I sighed and layed down on the wood floor watching the clouds move and show the beautiful blue sky. The captain called Gon over for a chat and I was now left alone with the others. After a while, my eyes started to feel heavy, and I fell asleep not wanting to deal with any more problems for the day until later.

–time skip brought to you by kurapika drowning in an indescribable emptiness–
~Gon's Pov~

After the captain told me where to actually go for the rest of the trip I walked back to where the others were and saw that M/n was sleeping. I started to talk to Leorio and Kurapika trying to get to know them a bit better but the topic of me jumping out of the ship to save someone was still popping up once in a while. We continued to talk until we had to get off the ship, I had to carry M/n because he didn't wake up. Plus, I couldn't just leave my new friend there, so I just carried him on my back.

"Come on guys let's get to the exam site now!" I smiled while looking at the others.

-time skip cuz I'm lazy!!-

~M/n's Pov~

I woke up to being carried on someone's back, I yawned and rubbed my eyes looking around to see where we were, but it was just all a forest. I jumped off whosever back I was on.

"Oh, your finally awake M/n!" Gon turned to face me. I had assumed he was the one who carried me since he was the first to notice me.

"Where are we?" I asked Gon looking tired but also confused.

"Oh, we're still heading to the exam site, we're just passing through a forest to ask some people for directions!" He smiled at me and continued to walk.

I just followed him hoping he knew what he was doing, after a bit of walking I saw a small cabin in the distance and ran to it. I walked up the steps and looked around to see if there was any sign of someone living there. I knocked on the door just to make sure no one lived there but as soon as the door creaked open, I was met with a horrific scene, it made me sick to the stomach. Gon and the others soon were behind me and looked shocked and terrified.

"What happened here?.." Leorio was able to speak out but in a very quiet voice.

-to be continued-

FINALLY, THIS CHAPTER IS OVER I WAS WRITING THIS DURING MY CLASSES AND WAS ABLE TO START CHAPTER 3 WHICH I WILL POST ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY! I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT MY SCHEDULE FOR POSTING MY CHAPTERS ON TIME AND MY FINALS ARE COMING UP FOR THE QUARTER SO I NEED TO STUDY FOR TESTS SOON SO AFTER CHAPTER 4 OR 5 I MIGHT TAKE A BREAK UNTIL MY GRADES ARE BACK UP! HOPE U LIKED THIS CHAPTER THO!

*Word count: 799*