Young Apprentice

~(Y/N)'s Home - March 22nd - Monday Morning~

Your POV:

As expected, the first one to wake up was Max.

He'd come into my room very quietly at around 7 in the morning and crawled under the covers because it was rather chilly in here.

"Sleep well?" I asked him in a hushed tone since Severus was still asleep.

He nodded and seemed like he was waiting for something.

"When's he going to wake up?" He whispered to me.

Ah. I know what this is about. He wants to make potions already is my guess.

"Let's let him sleep. It's not every day he gets to sleep in. We can prepare breakfast if you'd like?" I led him out of the room quietly to make sure Severus remained undisturbed.

"Okay." Max agreed.

For the time that Severus was still asleep, Max and I made omelettes. Well. More like I made omelettes whilst Max tasted all the ingredients.

I heard Severus descend the stairs a moment later and had an idea.

"Max..! Hide there..!" I whisper shouted to him while pointing under the table.

He sneakily slipped under the table cloth and waited. Severus entered, looking rather well rested.

"Boo!" Max sprang out like he had yesterday.

Severus backed up quickly as though he'd been startled. Which he had. He gave me a look and I replied smugly with,

"Hey. Had to get revenge sooner or later."

"I got you!" Max exclaimed, bounding back to his chair for breakfast.

"Yes, seems you did." Severus answered as he sat across from me.

Everyone had a plate of fresh omelette in front of them and was clearly enjoying it since it was mostly quiet for the next couple minutes.

The exact second Max finished his however, he asked,

"Can we make a potion now?"

Severus finished his current bite and replied,

"Yes. Though I'd have to gather a few ingredients from my own home beforehand."

"How long will that take?" Max asked straight after Severus' response.

"Not long. I can apparated afterall." He explained.

"What's an apparate?" Max asked quizzically.

"Teleportation in simplest terms." Severus answered briefly.

"Oh, okay." Max hopped off his chair and went into the living room.

I presume to grab something from his bag to entertain himself with while he waited.

I cleared the table once Severus was finished with his omelette. Severus then left to gather said ingredients.

Not 5 minutes later, he'd apparated back into the kitchen holding a cauldron and some ingredients which had been tucked into a small pouch resembling a paint brush pouch that one roles up and ties to close.

"You didn't need to bring all that, I have a cauldron of my own you know." I told him.

"Oh." That was all he said while laying out all the things he brought.

Max must've heard us speaking because he came running to the kitchen looking all excited,

"What potion are we making?"