Chapter 1

I woke up in the morning and felt as groggy and cranky as usual. I squinted as the curtains to my window seemed to be opened; of course my brother came in and did it. Who else? I could still feel the tears on my face from last night's fight. Why I am angrier now than before is a mystery not even I know. One minute I'm happy and the next I'm screaming and crying. I thought maybe I reached the phase where I'm mad at the world but that's not me. I get up and rub my eyes. My throat is still soar and my head hurts from all the banging. I get to the washroom and look in the mirror and see that my head has a huge bump and my hair is a mess.

I know what you're thinking. Who hurt you? Well I did. I used to be my mom's favorite. She loved me like I was her only child but since I turned 15 she just doesn't want to listen to me anymore. She never wants to know what I have to say and she just goes ahead and punishes me for nothing. I took it for a while but now I just scream and scream and when I get to y room I would just cry and pull my hair out and bang my head on the wall till I fall asleep. It happens more frequently lately and I don't know why the anger gets worse every time it happens.

I brush my teeth and get dressed. I wear a denim skirt with a floral top and added some jewelry. I sat on my vanity and looked in the mirror. How am I supposed to hide this? I curled my hair and covered the massive bump as best I could with my bangs. I applied my makeup and walked down the stairs grabbed my jacket and heels put them on and without a word to my mother I was out of the house and on my way to school.