Chapter 2- The beginning of the rest of my life

When I reached the studio doors, I stopped in my tracks, huffed a deep breath and braced myself. This was my opportunity to become the star I have always wanted to become. The one I'm destined to be. The one I always have been.  No-one can stop me, not even that arrogant blonde asshole I walked into earlier.

At least that's what I thought...

I swung open the doors and strutted into the studio. My heels clicking rhythmically as I walked with intent, straight to the director, not a hint of tension on my face, no nerves to be calmed. As soon as I caught the directors eye, he turned to meet mine. He was an older man; around 60, grey hair, and a sort of flamboyant air to him. I had heard him being referred to as Mark at my first audition but he introduced himself as Baz, Baz Lurhmann.

"Sophia!" he beamed in his Australian accent as he held out his hand for me to shake. He seemed to be in a very cheery mood but his grip was firm; This man was important, He was not to be messed with. "I'm very glad you've come all the way here" he said, smiling.

"Of course" I responded, smiling back at him. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"It definitely is." He said somewhat mischievously. "Now... You will be glad to hear..."My heart skipped a beat. Was this it? "You've got the role!" He cheered. My smile immediately turned into a grin. I wanted to keep my composure but there was no way I could hide my pure delight.

"Thank you!" I said, holding back the emotion welling up in eyes. "This is the best thing that has every happened to me."

"No!" Baz cheered. He chucked, "Thank you, Sophia! You got this part for a reason. I hope this will be our first of many. You're an up and coming star if I don't say so myself." I laughed, feeling the most flattered I have ever felt in my life. "Now..." he started, "We've had to keep it on the low, but as you know, you're going to be the leading actress... and of course you'll have your romantic partner." The studio lights twinkled in my eyes. "I know you've never worked together before but i'm hoping we can get a bit of chemistry going between you guys!" He smirked.

"No problems here!" I beamed, "I'll try my hardest to work well with him and act these scenes as best as I can. You picked me for a reason right?" I quipped.

Baz smiled, showing a glimpse of his teeth. "I have absolute faith in you Sophia, you were hidden gem at the audition and I'm beyond excited to show you off!" I smiled right back at him.

"Thank you, again." I told him, earnestly.

"No need" he replied. I looked into his eyes, he was definitely an important man but he wasn't as daunting as I had imagined a Hollywood director to be. He was experienced for sure and knew how to get things done, but his features were caring rather than demanding. He smiled at me like a new guardian, a sort of father figure taking me under his wing in a world I've just dipped my toes into, but could be swimming in for the rest of my life.

"Oh!" he said, abruptly jolting me out of my thoughts, "Your new partner will be arriving soon but until then why don't you call your family back home and let out all that excitement you're holding up in there!"

"Thank you" I said as I turned and strutted out of the studio, a spring in my heeled step. as soon as I swung past the studios doors, I let out a breath I felt I'd been holding in for my entire life and immediately whipped out my phone to start ringing my mum. As soon as she answered I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I loved living away from home, Hollywood was always going to be where I lived out my dreams but the hardest part was not being able to hug my mum, dad or little brother. I missed them immensely and just hearing my mums voice seemed to ground me from this all time high I was on.

We talked for what felt like hours but could really only have been 15 minutes max. I was bombarded with compliments like "I always knew you could do it" and "I can't believe my little girl is going to be a movie star!" We were on the topic of my romantic lead when a black limousine pulled up to the sidewalk outside of studio. "I'll call you back mum, I think it's him" I could hear my mum squeal a little on the other side of the line. "I love you" I told her before hanging up.

I put my phone away urgently and straightened myself up. This guy was in a limo he was obviously a big deal, I had to make a good impression on this potential hunk of a superstar. What if he was an A-list actor? What if he was the love of my life? What if-

All of the questions running through my head were cut off when I saw the lustrous black  door open and I saw-

No f*cking way.

Oh my god, it was that asshole from the street.

It was him.