Lunch

"I got so depressed and stopped eating. I basically stopped doing anything. I couldn't sleep because all I would dream about was you. I laid in my bed in the dark, alone, for weeks. Someone came to check on me and took me to the hospital, but I was so sick and I... didn't get better."

"But you're my soulmate!" he exclaimed.

"Yes, but you didn't know that. I wasn't going to break up your marriage. I couldn't do that to you. I'd forever be a homewrecker if I did. Tobias, you were happy. I couldn't take that from you." I replied.

"Silly girl, you were a homewrecker." he said.

"What?!? How?" I was shocked he would say this, I had stayed away.

"My love, you are my home. And you wrecked it so bad that it killed you. Let me tell you this now. I don't care what my status is, in every new life, when you find me, you better come talk to me. Let me, at least, see you once. So I can decide for myself." stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"But..." I begin, Tobias cutting me off.

"No buts, I mean it Kyrie. Promise me."

"Okay," I say, starting to shiver,

"I will, I promise." Tobias grabs a towel and wraps it around me.

"Come, up." he says, holding out his hands. I take them and stand up. I dry myself off and step out. He holds my robe out for me to put on. I slip my arms through, turn around and just hug him. I feel his arms embrace me, he tightens his hold slightly and kisses the top of my head.

"I love you Kyrie, always." he whispers.

"Now, my little minx, let's get you dressed. We'll go out and have a nice lunch, then we can go get the stuff for tonight. Hmm, how does that sound?"

"That does sound nice." I admit. We exit the bathroom and I start towards my dresser.

"No, no." I hear Tobias say, and I turn to face him.

"Here." he smiles, holding out my crimson blouse and half corset. They were his favorite. I grabbed a pair of black jeans and my steampunk boots. I had finished getting dressed and looked to Tobias. He was almost ready, wearing his dark blue jeans and black shoes. He reaches for his shirt to put it on.

"Wait," I stop him.

"Wear this one, please?" I was holding his black and red button down. He smiled at me, putting away the shirt he was holding.

"Of course, my love. I know it's your favorite." kissing my cheek.

"And I am wearing yours." I smile.

"Yes, yes you are." he returns as he grabs my hand to spin me around, looking me up and down.

"Mmm, so sexy." he whispers. I giggle and kiss him.

"I love you so much, my good sir."

"I love you most, my little minx." he smiles at me.

"So, where are we going for lunch?" I ask him.

"Nuh uh. Not telling. It's a surprise." he says.

"Oh, come on. Please?" giving him my cutest puppy dog face.

"No! No. That's not going to work. Nice try though darling." he chuckles at me.

"I didn't figure you'd tell me, but I had to try." smiling back at him.

"It was a good try, and I'm still not telling." he kisses my forehead and says,

"But we can go find out, if you're ready?"

"Yes please." I answer eagerly.

"Okay, come on." he grabs my hand. We head out to the car and get in. Tobias starts it and turns to me.

"Put this on." he said. I look down at his hand and see that he is holding a blindfold.

"Really?" I ask him, raising a brow.

"Yes. I told you it was surprise. Now come on. Be my good girl and put it on for me." releasing that half smile he knows I can't resist. I blush, take the blindfold from his hand and reply,

"Yes sir." smiling to myself as I put it on.

"There's my minxy." I hear him say. I can hear him put the car in drive and feel us start to move. I begin to count in my head, trying to determine where we might be going based on how long it takes us to get there. But, when we finally arrive, I can't seem to recall any places within the time frame.

'Where are you taking me Tobias?' I question in my head. He helps me out of the car and grabs my hand. He loops my arm in his to help guide me.

"Can I take this off now?" beginning to reach up to the blindfold. I feel his hand on my arm and hear,

"No, not yet. Shortly though, I promise." We walk a little ways and he sits me down in a chair. My legs are bouncing, and I can't stop smiling. I'm so excited to see what Tobias has managed to pull out. I hear him step up behind me and he places his hands over my eyes. I giggle because, you know, I'm already blindfolded.

"You can take it off now." he tells me, being careful to keep my eyes covered.

"Oh, come on Tobias. Why can't I see yet?" I ask him.

"It's not quite done. One second... almost." he pauses.

"Okay, my love. Are you ready?" I hear him ask as he slowly removes his hands from my eye. I look around and see that we are sitting at a table in a private room. There's candles and flowers on the table. Lillies and Baby's Breath, my favorites. The lights are slightly dimmed and there's soft classical music playing in the background.

'Our first date.' I think, smiling.

"Tobias, love, this is beautiful!" I tell him.

"You didn't have to do all this just for lunch." I look at him with awe.

"Nonsense. For one, it's our anniversary, and two, you are my beloved and you deserve nothing less." his smile beaming in the soft light.

We sat and reminisced on the year we've had together while we ate. We had some lamb chops, seasoned peas with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was absolutely delicious. We talked and laughed and held hands. It was so romantic and magical. We probably spent a good couple hours here just being in each other's company. It was perfect.

"Come, my love." Tobias says.

"We have things to get to before tonight."

"Yes, we do." I say, glancing at my watch.

"Sheesh, we've been here for almost three hours!" I exclaim.

"Are you complaining?" Tobias asks, raising an eyebrow, a grin on his face.

"No sir. Of course not. It just didn't seem like that long is all. You should know by now that there's nowhere else I'd rather be than with you, by your side." I tell him.

"Good girl," he pauses,

"Now, since we did spend quite a bit of time here, we should split up and conquer the rest of our tasks. Two birds, one stone kind of thing." he finished.

"That would probably be faster. Okay, let's do it. We'll get everything done and be home in time to make dinner together." I beam at him.

"Perfect. Let's go." he says, grabbing my hand. We head home so I can get my car and we split off to gather the remaining items we need for dinner and the fire.