Love at First Sight part 1

Hermione & Harry

Trigger warning: sexual abuse reference!

8th Year

"Im so glad you returned to school! I was going to be lonely." Hermione stated at breakfast.

"I know Im not ready for the world. Besides, I think Auror might not be for me. I think teacher at Hogwarts will work out for me." Harry smiled

"How could it not? You're a brilliant teacher! You taught DA the patronus Charm! You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to." Hermione turned her head.

The pair stared at one another and slowly began to move towards each other. Their lips were about to meet in the middle when,

The bell rang. Harry and Hermione jumped apart from one another. They glanced at the other briefly, a slight blush to their cheeks.

"Gotta.." Hermione trailed off.

"Uh huh." Harry replied distracted turning to leave

Hermione turned and frowned. "Harry?"

Harry turned again and raised an eyebrow  "yes?"

"Transfiguration is this way." Hermione pointed behind her back.

Harry cleared his throat,"Right."

*

"Pair up!" Snape announced.

Harry and Hermione turned to one another and looked in opposite directions.

Hermione could feel her brotherly love for the golden boy change. She couldn't risk him not feeling the same way.

Harry could feel the prickles of embrassment. Not a fan. He glanced at Hermione with her now silky hair cascading down her back ending in soft curls.

"Come on Harry. We're good friends, let's just do this." Hermione stated.

Harry met Hermiones brown eyes and sent  an uneasy smile. Harry waved his wand as a silver stag emerged from his wand.

"Impresive Potter! Twenty points to Gryffindor and great job!"

Despite Snape becoming a lot less stick and a more friendlier, all the students were still taken aback by his frequent praises.

"Thank you sir. Hermione?"

Hermione looked Harry dead in the eye and waved her wand. A silver doe errupted and cantered to join the stag.

"Ok, who else can conjure a corporeal patrous nonverbally?" Snape questioned.

The only ones left who could were al part of DA two years ago.

"Potter, did you teach all of them that spell?" Snape asked curiosity in his tone.

"Yes sir. I believe it to be an essential spell against the Dark Arts." Harry replied

"Mr. Potter is correct. You have a knack fir teaching. Might I suggest applying for a spot ...when the time comes." Snapes mouth turned upwards into a shy smile.

Everyone gasped at the sight. Harry cleared his throat, trying to look anywhere but his teacher. His eyes settled on Hermione who only beamed in support.

*

"Ugh....the year only began. Ol McGonagall acts as if we're taking our NEWTs tomorrow!  Harry groaned entering the common room.

Hermione smiled, "you know I'll help you Harry."

"I think I need a time turner. Have one I can borrow?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, "no. You just need time management skills."

Harry and Hermione locked eyes again as they leaned in closer to the other.

"How about this for time management?" Harry whispered sending shivers up Hermiones back.

Hermione flashed him her radiant smile, "depends how long you want to be distracted." She stayed where she is, her head turned toward Harry, frozen in place.

Harry breathed heavily, accessing his friends expression. Without thinking, he leaned in closer and met Hermiones soft plump lips.

Hermiones hair almost stood on end. Kissing Harry feels so good and natural. When Harry was about to pull away, Hermione deepened the kiss, moaning softly into his mouth.

Harry recaptured her mouth asking to slip his tongue in. Hermione allowed him as the two kissed with a burning passion. 

The pair only broke apart when a fanged frisbee came soaring through the circular room 

Hermiones eyes never leaving harrys as she aimed her wand at the moving frisbee and shot a spell, freezing it in place.

"You are amazing."

"I try." Hermione blushed.

"Now, where were we?"

Hermione smirked before claiming Harrys mouth in hers. "Shall we head to the ROR?"

Harry grabbed her hand and yanked his friend excitedly out of the room. Once they got to their private destination, Harry pushed Hermione onto the just appeared bed.

"Whoa Harry!" Hermione warned propping herself up immediately.

Harry blushed and cleared his throat. "Right, my apologies." He then sat next to the brunette and took her hand in his. "I shouldn't have pushed you onto the bed."

"Harry..." Hermiones voice broke.

"Not now, so soon after...." Harry cleared his throat uneasily.

"Harry, I think it best that we only kiss for the time being. Anything more and..." Hermione trailed off looking uneasy

"I understand. You deserve to feel loved, not scared. I will always ask for your consent before we do anything romantic together. I promise." Harry planted a kiss onto Hermiones forhead.

Hermione smiled sweetly, "thanks Harry."

"I should know what it's like to recover from something like that. I'm sorry." Harry covered his face.

"Harry, it's ok. I just got scared. I know you mean well." Hermione then kissed his cheek, then moved to his lips. The two parted only inches away.

"Merlin, I've wanted to kiss you since....we first met on the train." Harry breathed heavily.

"Wow, you sure know how to pick them.  Huh?" Hermione smiled

"Would you be willing to talk more about that night?" Harry asked

Hermione sighed heavily, "um.... I- I dont know. You were the only one I told about that night. Afterwards, Ron became aggressive with me and...it lead us to breaking up."

Harrys eyes widened, "Did Ron..."

Hermione shook her head at once, "not that form of abuse. But he called me names, and I knew I deserved better. So I left, much to Mrs. Weasleys chagrin. I can't tell anyone what happened or that im..." the girl dissolved into sobs.

"I know you are. I know it wasn't your choice. Lucius Malfoy is a monster and he's locked up in Askaban for life." Harry stated.

"How did you find out?!" Hermione breathed in horror.

Harry winced, "I passed by the girls loo once. I saw the glamor charms you've been applying to conceal your baby bump."