Story

"Goddammit" Yosano cursed under her breath.

She had just finished her shopping, and what do you know? It was raining outside.

Why now??? Yosano thought to herself, She liked the rain actually but she didn't want to walk in it, especially not now.

"Guess I'll just have to wait it out." Yosano groaned.

Just then an umbrella opened over her head.

"Yosano-san," a familiar voice said to her.

"Sasaki-san," Yosano replied.

"I uh, noticed that you were leaving but didn't have an umbrella with you, so I thought I share," Sasaki said. "If you don't mind of course."

"Sure I mean, I don't really have the patience needed to wait it out."
"Okay then I'll walk you home."

The walk was awfully quiet, save Yosano giving her directions to her apartment.

It wasn't like the two were on bad terms, but they weren't on the best either. For one they barely knew each other, but Yosano couldn't deny that they were accquainted now. Also, she had worked with azure King and had killed Rokuzo with her own hands. Of course none of this affected her as much as Kunikida, who suffered the worst. Still Kunikida was one of her closest friends, and seeing him so hurt had hurt her.

But, she also recognized that Sasaki and Kunikida were mending whatever relationship they had. They were trying and Sasaki was truly putting in effort to be better, and do things for herself. She had even invited Kunikida for a coffee date yesterday. Yosano supposed she could ask Sasaki about that.

"So.... how did your little coffee date with Kunikida go?" She asked not only to start conversation, but she was genuinely curious.

"Oh, uh I wouldn't call it a date."

Why was Yosano relived to hear that?

"It's more like a friendly hang-out. If you can call me and Kunikida friends."

"I think you could, Kunikid has certainly grown to be fond of you. But then again, I guess he always was.

"Thank you, Yosano-san, that means a lot to me." Sasaki said with a smile that really did something to Yosano.

"So what do you think of Kunikida?" Yosano asked. She wasn't sure why she was asking this. It really wasn't any of her business, but she needed to know.

"Oh? Hmmm...... I think he's a great man. I feel so much at ease when I'm with him. Talking with him is so easy. He's very respectful too. I appreciate that. He could do good with letting loose at times though." She added the last part with a chuckle.

"Yep, sounds just like him."

Another question rose up in Yosano's mind, well it had been there for a while now, but Yosano, didn't think it was the most appropriate of questions, so she just walked with her head down, and tried to stop thinking about it. However, Yosano was the never most tight-mouthed of people, so she asked anyways. Well, spat it out would a more accurate way of putting it.

"Be honest! Do you like Kunikida?!"

The sudden outburst startled Sasaki and she stumbled a little. Yosano immediately reacted and took a hold of her wrist to half-catch, half-steady her.

"I'm sorry, I suppose that was a little unprompted. ...You don't have answer that question, but I needed to ask it." Still for some reason Yosano craved the answer.

"Well...," Sasaki thought about her answer,"Like I said I think Kunikida is a good friend. I don't like him romantically. I think I used to but, I like someone else now." Sasaki said with a blissful smile that made really Yosano wonder who that person was.

Could it be me?

Snap out of it Yosano! Why could it be you and why would you want it to be you??? Yosano thought to herself.

The rest of the walk was just filled with idle chatter, nothing too important. They arrived and Yosano began unlocking her door.

Sasaki didn't want to leave just yet. Like, she ever wanted to leave when Yosano was around. Well, who could resist wanting to look at those alluring purple eyes for just a little while more? She noticed a plant next to Yosano's door and decided to ask her about it. If it will let me stay for just a little longer....

"So, Yosano-san, is that your plant?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Do you like plants?"

"I mean, I guess so. I mostly keep 'em so I have a reason to be productive when I'm in a slump. Watering them is also relaxing. I have a few in the apartment, they certainly liven the place"

"Oh, I have quite a lot actually. I like flowers the best, so I have a lot flower plants and quite a few herbs."

"That's really cute" Yosano remarked.

Sasaki felt her face heat up, oh how she wished she could be at least a little bit as smooth that the woman next to her.

This did not go unnoticed to Yosano.

Sasaki felt like she was over-staying Yosano's hospitality so she got ready to leave.

"Thanks for, letting me walk you home." Sasaki said with a wide smile.

"I think I should be the one staying thanks." Yosano replied.

Sasaki chuckled. "I guess I'll get going now, bye yosano-san."

Wait.....

Honestly Sasaki wasn't fully thinking, but she leaned up and placed a gentle kiss on Yosano's cheek.

"Oh um, heh uhhhhh" Sasaki scrambled for words, kissing your friend on the cheek wasn't weird right, them then again that was totally unprompted!! Apologize right now!

"I'm really sorry about that." I really should get going now, Sasaki said as she hastily started walking away.

Yosano reached out a grabbed her hand, stopping her. Yosano moved closer to Sasaki and laced her fingers with Sasaki. She leaned down, and placed a kiss on Sasaki's forehead. Yosano thought that Sasaki's small figure could fit perfectly under her chin.

"Oh."Sasaki said quietly.

"I'm not really sure what to do now." Sasaki said. It was true.

"Well for starters you could give me a kiss- on the lips." Yosano suggested.

So Sasaki did.

"Okay now one on the other cheek." Yosano said.

Sasaki placed a kiss on the cheek that she had missed. Yosano asked her more kisses until her entire face was covered in kiss marks. Sasaki's light pink lipstick smelled like strawberry cake.

The sight made Sasaki laugh, and Yosano thought it was the cutest thing in the world.

"Well, I've long over-stayed my stay, thank you for letting me be with you for so long."

"Hey I have an idea, why don't you stay over at my place." Yosano suggested (again).

"Oh, I'm not sure about that, I think have chores and stuff, and dinner and papers that needa-" Yosano placed a kiss on her lips to silence her.

"Calm down sweetheart, we can worry about that later."

Sasaki sighed, "I guess your right. I could use a break right now."

Yosano took Sasaki's hand and lead her into the apartment, closing the door behind them.

I'm so mad that this pairing has 0 fics, like be serious. Anyways this so fun to write and it's just such a sweet fic. I hope y'all like it too and consider them more perhaps? And for anyone wondering they just made dinner and cuddled while watching movies.

Bye!!