Chapter 6: Unknown Presence

────────────────────🌺────────────────────

All crimes are always answered with a punishment, we all should know that. Humans have invented this themselves, whether it's just shoplifting for the sake of your family or creating chaos across the country from multiple murderers encountering coming from just you for the sake of your entertainment. No matter what the person is like, if they get caught for their actions they must be treated with a fair punishment. If a person steals something valuable they either shall pay the price or serve jail time. If someone commits mass murderer they must be executed to take a taste of their own medicine. Most people though don't give the right punishment to the culprit. Ever since back then and ever since now humans always think of the roles people stand in. If you were an enslaved person back then if anything happens to you it will be your fault. This still unfortunately happens now, we still haven't placed a piece in our brain telling us that the justice system has the word JUSTICE for a meaning. It is to create a good punishment to the culprit for what they've done to the victim. It is their consequence they must acknowledge.

────────────────────🌺────────────────────
Arlen was walking down the hall, he was quite exhausted. He went to his room, which the Monarchs gave him. It has a white bed for 2 with curtains, a exquisite balcony. And to the side there is a vanity set, next to it is a wooden rusty desk with books and a lamp. On the left side of the white marble walls is a dresser to change. Arlen already unpacked his luggage and put his clothing in the dresser, so he wasn't surprised to see that. He saw a door which led to the bathroom, he changed into new sets of clothing. He got handed this robe which is used for sleeping from the Monarchs, it's white and plain but it has a comfortable fur with long sleeves and a long dress. Arlen never really changes after work, it's not that he doesn't want to, it's just that he simply doesn't have the energy to do it due to how weary he already is from work. Arlen untied his halfway hair so it can be comfortable laying down. He stared up at the chandelier on his ceiling, his eyelids felt heavy as he closed his eyes slowly but surely. He put his body position sideways, and had one of his hand under a pillow. Soon enough, he couldn't feel his body and couldn't think.
────────────────────🌺────────────────────
5:30 AM
December 21st
Lotus's eyes opened slowly, he looked over to the time. Lotus picked his upper body off of the comfortable sheets, and stretched his arms out. His hair was quite chaotic, and so he goes to the bathroom to take his daily shower. Everything was going as usual, until while walking down he felt something. He felt as if something was missing, something that's supposed to be here. This feeling, it felt so heavy and discomforting. But, Lotus shrugs it off and continues walking to the grand dining area to grab his food. Lotus prefers eating in the lobby chairs, mainly because it'd be a waste to eat at an empty long table with only him and his parents there. Although his parents disagree with it, he is king so they don't say anything. Plus, it'd be too much work for the servants since they'd have to manually work on making the table perfect and shining just for 10-20 minutes of eating with no appreciation made to the servants. It's unthoughtful in Lotus's eyes to waste their hours of working on a simple table just for 3 people. Well, now only 2 people. He notices something off though when going to get his food, the chefs looked worried and nervous. When Lotus appeared, the first second they did was go up to Lotus, petrified. One of the chefs stuttered, "H-Have you seen Arlen?" the other made the following statement, "we have not seen him all morning! He'd usually support us with the food but no one has seen Arlen's presence anywhere!" Lotus's expression switched up, "No, I haven't seen him. Maybe he could be outside, he admires our garden so he could be out in the fields." But then one chef muttered in disagreement, "We checked that place. There were no signs of him anywhere." Lotus was bewildered by this information, surely Arlen didn't escape? Why would he though, this is an occupation he does and it seems he loves the job, so what would be his reasoning of running away? Lotus then took a breath in a neutral tone, "I'll check his bedroom, we won't report it to the guards yet until further information. For now please continue making food." They all nodded, Lotus walked to Arlen's room, for some reason his hands were grasping on to each other. It's only been one day and he goes missing. Lotus opens Arlen's bedroom door slowly, he was hoping to see Arlen well and asleep. But unfortunately, he wasn't there. The blankets were messed up, and the chair was knocked over as well as some books, the carpet was moved and the balcony door was opened. Lotus already had an idea, judging by the knocked down books and the messed up sheets, this was a kidnapping case. It seems as if someone went into Arlen's room, and Arlen woke up trying to fight back but his plan foiled. He checked the bathroom but it seemed tidy as usual, if Arlen was fighting someone the bathroom would be a horrible place since it's small and there's nothing that can be used to defend. It would be understandable for him to go to the balcony to try pushing the anonymous person off out of self defense. Lotus looked down from the balcony, no one had fallen fortunately but he could tell that Arlen lost. Lotus reports the situation to sheriffs and detectives hoping to disclose any vital information.
A few hours have passed, and according to them they have found a few locks of hair, some were the bright white blonde hair Arlen has while some were dark black hair. Lotus was quite puzzled on this, there's only very little evidence. Many people have black hair, but what quite concerns him is who would kidnap someone as low ranked as him? Lotus never announced Arlen as a servant, so he's technically just a raconteur with no information that can be important. That is unless he was being watched in the castle. It was a tough time due to the amount of attacks, so it was hard to figure out which region it could be from. He was at the balcony by the fence, looking up at the sky. One of the guards, Alia stepped in. "It's very cold out, are you sure you'd like to be out here? You'll catch a cold or even a frostbite." Alia has long red hair, she has a pilot-like hat with a black shirt with golden buttons. As well as with a black's knight cape on her shoulder. Lotus looked quite depressed, like he's lost sense with himself, "I can't seem to figure out who captured Arlen. I wonder what they did with him, and I ponder why. He's low ranked so why would they think he has anything important to disclose?" Lotus kept rambling until Alia shushed him, "More information will be shown soon, and plus you've only got this guy for like what, a day? I'm sure you can find some other servant to take care of." Lotus looked like he was holding his tears back, "I've talked with him before I hired him, even though we weren't supposed to I still did because he always stood out from the others. He could handle reality's problems and can still keep a smile on his face. He's so strange but it enlightens me. Unlike the other monarchs who can't even handle a hit without sobbing about it for months on end. Arlen is the..." Lotus's words stopped, he looked down and then muttered, "..best friend I could have ever wished upon a star for." Alia looks with her head down, she then starts becoming serious. "Alright.. I think I might have some information on his disappearance. But if anyone ever asks, I do not exist in your conversation." Alia continues, "During the interview, when I was going to the kitchen I saw Arlen looked nervous, like something or someone was watching him. And when my eye split to the left hall I swear I saw a figure, but then it disappeared in the blink of an eye." Lotus's pupil became small. Someone was watching Arlen? And he never mentioned it to him? Alia then looks to the bedroom, putting her hand on the fence and then claims, "I believe it might be...." Lotus's pupils shortened, "No... It can't be.." he was trying to deny the fact.