Chapter 1: Cecil Adams, start of the case

In an apartment building, a man in his mid-30s is waking up from his bed. He yawns as he sits up. He stands up from his bed, and walks to a radio. He turns it on, and plays rock music as he goes to the bathroom. He takes a hot shower, and brushes his teeth. After that, he dresses up nicely in a suit. He eats his breakfast. After finishing his breakfast, he cleans his dish, and walks in his living room. His music continues playing as he picks up his watch, and sunglasses. He then gets his wallet, and takes some money from his little safe. He takes out two 5s, a ten, and two 20s, and puts them in his wallet. He sighs, and walks to the door as he puts on his sunglasses. He opens the door, and walks out of his apartment. He locks the door, and leaves the building. He makes it outside, and walks to his car. He gets in, starts it, and drives away. He looks at the city he's living in. The whole place is going through a lot of rough things. That's why he joined the police force five years ago. His name is Angel. He has been living in this city all his life. He has a father. His mother died from a sickness when he was six years old. His father raised him. He met another woman when Angel was 19. Angel gotten close to her, and his father married her when Angel was 24. 

Angel: (Sighs) Man, headaches. 

He rubs his head as he drives. He remembers what happened three years ago. His stepmother, Jill Tuck, who was pregnant with his father's baby, lost the baby due to a miscarriage. It tored his father apart, and their marriage ended after that. Angel rarely sees to his father now. He still talks to him though. On a flashback, he remembers running to the hospital to see them. He runs through the hospital to make it to the room. He finds them. His father, John, sees him coming in. He looks at him, and shakes his head. Angel sits by Jill, and sobs, knowing that he just lost a sibling. Jill looks at him, with tears coming out of her eyes. 

Jill: All I wanted to do was help them. 

John: You can't help them. They have to help themselves. 

His father stands up from his seat, and throws away something in the trash can. Angel watches him as he walks to the window. Angel stands up, and walks to his father. John looks at him, and holds his arm. Angel then starts sobbing, and hugs his dad tight. John hugs him back. 

Angel: I wanted...to be the perfect brother...

John: I know, Angel. I know you did.

The flashback ends, and Angel makes it to the police station. He parks the car in the parking lot, and gets out. He sighs, and walks inside. An officer sees him. 

Officer: Morning, detective Kramer. 

Angel: Morning, Jeremy. Is detective Kerry in yet?

Jeremy: Yes, she is. She's in her office. 

Angel: Thank you.

He walks off to her office. He passes by some offices, and finds his partner's office. He knocks on the door.

Woman's voice: Come on in.

Angel opens the door, and walks in. His partner, and girlfriend, Allison Kerry is sitting down on a desk, writing paperwork. She sees him, and smiles.

Allison: Hey, Angel. 

Angel: Hey, Allison. (Sighs)

Allison: Another rough night?

Angel: Sort of. It's really hard to let go of the past. My family has been falling apart for years. My father's side of the family. 

Allison: Angel, I know it's hard. But your stepmother's business is still going on. And she needs your help, like always. 

Angel looks at her, and smiles. She smiles back, and walks to him. She hugs him, and he hugs her back. 

Angel: Anyway, there's something I do need to tell you though.