80: Inviting Them

|Another Timeskip cause I'm lazy>>|

It was the middle of the day with the weather being surprisingly bliss, despite the downpour a few nights before.

The smell of the wildflowers and forest in the air combined with the warmth of the sun's rays was enough to make Kyōjurō considered laying down for a quick doze in the soft grass.

"Hey, Rengoku-senpai!"

At the sound of his name being called, Kyōjurō stops and glanced to see none other than Tanjirō, along with his two friends, Zenitsu and Inosuke, running up to him.

"Good evening, Kamado my boy!" He happily greeted the young demon slayer.

Tanjirō Kamado, the young warrior who was brought to the Demon Slayer Corps just several months ago, along with his turned-demon little sister, Nezuko.

At first, Kyōjurō disagreed with Oyakata-sama's wishes to keep them alive, but had felt the blazing flames within the boy's heart as he's determined to save his sister.

The young boy had even managed to knock out the ever short-tempered Sanemi Shinazugawa with a single headbutt, which Kyōjurō found ballsy, and that deserved some much needed respect.

"How are you?"

"Great! Listen, are you still coming to the ryokan with us?" Tanjirō asked.

The Butterfly Estate had been packed full with the sick and injured, and the four youngsters had no where to crash for the night. Thus, they were planning on staying at a ryokan in a nearby village.

"No, I'm afraid not, Kamado my boy." Kyōjurō stops and turns to his young kōhai, "my wife's waiting for me at home." the Hashira answered with a happy grin.

"I'm sure you three would be fine without me?"

He would have gone with them, but he hadn't seen his wife and child for almost seven days. He had been sent on a mission to slay yet another demon and had just returned.

And to say he'd been homesick, would be an understatement? Kyōjurō missed his wife's warmth and kisses, and his son's constant cooing and chubby cheeks. There was nothing more Kyōjurō wanted to do than to eat a nice warm meal that his wife cooked and hold his son.

And perhaps, do the dirty deed with his beloved (Y/n), before they went to bed.

"Oh, I forgot! Your wife is the Snow Hashira, right?" Tanjirō asked, with astonishment his tone.

"A wife?... Wait, Rengoku-san has a wife?!" Zenitsu exclaimed in shock and immediately shot the taller man an intense jealous glare.

"Yes, and yes. We've been married for a year now and we have a son named Taiyo, who's now 8 months old."

It was no surprise to the three young slayers how carried away Kyōjurō gets whenever he begins talking highly about his family. It just goes to show just how much Rengoku cherishes those close to him?

It's that that gave him the strength to fight and protect the world.

Minutes felt like hours as the Flame Hashira continues telling them stories about how he and wife met and so on. At this point, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu knew more about the Rengoku family than they thought they would ever know?