𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Greyson

January 1st, 1999

Today's Astraea's doctor's appointment. She's nervous. She spent last night paranoid. She eventually fell asleep in my arms. This morning I took her out for breakfast before her appointment. I got Astraea her favorite pancakes at the diner across from our apartment. She had her beautiful smile plastered across her face. Each time I see her smile, I feel a sense of happiness. She's the one person who showed me what loves feels like.

She tells me each morning, "I'll always love you, Greyson."

She'd never let anyone break my heart and vice versa. I'd never felt alive until Astraea Alessiah Russo brought me back to life. She saw me at my worst and picked me up piece by piece. She put me back together. I told her that whatever happens at her appointment, today I'll always remain by her side, holding her hand. It's the bare minimum for everything she's done to keep me alive.

Once we got to the doctor's office, she had paranoia on her face. She held herself strong. I placed my hand on hers. I turned her chin so her eyes would meet mine. I reassured her, "Rea. Everything is going to be okay. I'll be next to you the whole time. I promise." Her smile lurked on her face. She chuckled and replied, "I'm not scared that the blood test will be positive, but I am at the same time. My mom had genetic issues that made it difficult to carry to term without a miscarriage. She had surgery to try to fix the abnormalities. Two years later, she had me. I'm afraid I'll have the same issues she had. It's always been a fear since my doctor told me it was genetic when I was fourteen. So, that's why I'm paranoid and staying up late researching."

She paused for a minute, taking a deep breath. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close to me. Rea continued, "I found it funny that a girl who always wanted to have children one day has a genetic complication that gives her a higher chance of a miscarriage. I've grown to accept that some things aren't in the cards for everyone. I know this is a lot. I didn't want to scare you away. This isn't the easiest topic to talk about. " I released my hand from around her shoulder and rubbed her back gently. I whispered, "Astraea. I'll always love you no matter what. You'll never scare me away. Rea, I will be here for you through all of this."

Rea took a deep breath and pressed her lips to mine. She slowly leaned off of me, and we both exited the car. We walked together into the building. We waited ten minutes until the doctor escorted her into the room. They asked me to stay in the waiting room. I felt my heart race in my chest. I held myself together. I waited for half an hour until she came out with a smile plastered across her face. I stood up, and she wrapped her arms around me tightly. Astraea exclaimed, "I'm five weeks pregnant." I wrapped my arms around her and responded, "Rea. This is amazing."

I released my arms from her and asked, "Did you discuss with your doctor about the risks? You seem excited, so I'm assuming it was good news." She released her arms from me. Astraea answered, "She said for me to take prenatal and come back for a visit in a week. She wants me to get an ultrasound at six weeks to monitor the baby's development. I'm still not in the clear for a while. She told me if I had infertility issues or recurring miscarriages, surgery would be an option for me. I'm not even close to considering surgery. Not unless necessary." I nodded my head and pressed my lips to her forehead.

I told her, "Well, then we should celebrate. I'll take you out for dinner. It's on me." She smiled. Her cheeks heated with a rush of blush. Rea took my hand and admitted, "Greyson. We're going to be parents."

"Our child is lucky. They'll have a best-selling author for a mom and a top-five new artist of the year for a dad. I love you, Rea. You'll be an amazing mom."

Astraea leaned her head on my shoulder and muttered, "You'll be an even better dad. I love you, Greyson."

♫ ♫ ♫

Before Rea and I went to dinner, her morning sickness turned into a night sickness. I sat by her side and held her hair back as she threw up. We decided to get takeout. I got her favorite Italian cuisine from a restaurant up the street.

She was in heaven when the food reached her mouth. I never wanted that smile to leave her face. I went to the pharmacy store and got her prenatal medication. By the time I got home, she was passed out in our bedroom. She slept so peacefully. She had the blankets covered up to her neck. I kicked off my shoes and changed. I slipped into the bed next to her. After a couple of seconds, I felt her arm slip around me. She mumbled, "You're home." I brushed her hair out of her face and replied, "I'm home, love."

Rea rested her head on my chest and closed her eyes. Soon she drifted back to sleep. Her presence brought me comfort. I fell asleep shortly after her.

After a couple of hours of sleeping, I felt Astraea's arm release from around me, and she stood up, rushing to the bathroom. I slightly opened my eyes and saw her in the bathroom getting sick again. I kicked my feet out of bed and entered the bathroom. I sat next to her and lifted her hair. I rubbed my hand on her back. She muttered under her breath, "This part of pregnancy sucks. I hope this ends after the first trimester." I stayed by her side and reassured her, "I know. It'll get better. Whatever you need, I'm right here."

She wiped her mouth and confessed, "I might ask my doctor to prescribe me anti-nausea medication if this continues." I continued to rub her back gently. We sat in the bathroom for almost an hour. I helped her onto her feet and wiped her mouth. She brushed her teeth. I caressed the side of her cheek. I asked, "Would you like me to help you walk back to bed?" She shook her head, gripped the sink counter, and pulled herself up. She began walking out of the bathroom until she lost her balance. I caught her and wondered, "Would you like to reconsider your answer? You threw up your dinner. Your body is weak. Let me help you, love."

Astraea sighed then she caved. I wrapped my arm around her waist and walked to the bed. I helped her to bed. She whispered, "You didn't have to do that." I pulled the covers over her and responded, "As I said, your body is weak. If you kept walking, you'd fall. Walking you to the bed it the least I could do. Now try to get some sleep."

She smiled and leaned forward. Astraea placed her hand on my face. She pulled me close to her and pressed her lips to mine. I felt her embrace. Her lips on mine felt like a glimpse of heaven. She knew how to make my heart race. Once her lips released from mine. Rea caressed my cheek as she exclaimed, "I love you. Thank you for everything."

"I promised that I'd always be here for you, Rea. I meant it. Now get some sleep. I'll be here once you wake up."

She nodded her head and softly closed her eyes. Once I slipped into the bed next to her, she moved closer to me and rested her head on my chest. I felt so in love. My beautiful girlfriend is in my arms and is pregnant with our child. She's beyond words in the dictionary. Her skin is glowing. I'll never forget her beautiful smile once she found out she was pregnant. That memory will be engraved into my mind. I heard her soft laugh echoed in my head. I never thought I'd fall in love. I never believed I would live past sixteen. I turn eighteen next month. Astraea helped a young boy who had no interest in living. She fell in love with me. She saw purpose and life inside of me.

I've been so close to death, but Astraea has taken my hand and pulled me to the shore. I couldn't imagine a life without her. She's the person who's been holding me together.

She'd say that I saved her. I was by her side after her stepmom passed away. We spent nights watching movies. We worked together at a drive-in. I helped her out of a dark place she made for herself when her stepmom died. I gave her a safe place to confide in when she needed me. I wanted to make sure she never felt the pain I felt. I never want her to contemplate ending her life. I want her to find her purpose and live. I want to protect her at all costs.

She's my everything.

♫ ♫ ♫

Thank you so much for reading chapter eight of Unread Messages.

If you have any questions let me know. <3

Tiktok:

authorjules

Instagram:

authorjuless

Question: How do you feel about Unread Messages ending next week?

I love you all and I'll see you in the next chapter.

<3