early start

"You know I got a lot to say

All these voices in the background of my brain

Y me dicen todo lo que estás pensando."

- Telepatía, Kali Uchis

That night, Elara had spent it tossing and turning. Those immense anxieties she had for what the next day would hold had overlapped with her dreams and now refused to let her rest. So around 5 am, the princess had risen from her bed without an ounce of sleep, beginning to get ready and start her day. 

On her way down to the cafeteria, a singular figure had caught her attention as she passed through the corridor of windows- after closer examination, she had realized it was none other than  Rivin, training in the specialist field alone.  Scrunching her nose in confusion, the star fairy continued on her way to grab herself a latte, deciding to grab Rivin one too and join him.  

If you knew Elara, you would know that she was most defiantly not a morning person therefore she rarely got to experience the tranquility it brought. Heading out the door, she was overcome by the stillness having never seen the school so quiet, she almost felt as though the air still smelt like night as the sun hadn't fully risen it was so fresh that she felt shivers run down her bare legs. Standing still for a moment or two, the young princess watched intently as the first rays of the sun slowly began to peak over the forest while the mist encircled the all in its path. She had never thought of mornings to be so beautiful before. 

"Good morning." She greeted him, almost making him jump as he hadn't expected to see anyone up this early let alone her. Turning, Rivin couldn't even try and conceal the surprise of seeing her awake so early.  The two of them hadn't spoken since that time they met under the willow tree, but it didn't feel awkward between them at all it felt normal as if nothing had even happened.  

"Morning," he replied, placing his training stick back onto the rack, "I didn't think of you as a morning person." approached her, as she extended her hand that held his steaming cup of coffee. Smiling at the sweet gesture, he took it instantly while leaning in to thank her with a chasted kiss- only for the princess to move back slightly, causing his smile to drop instantly.

"Not so fast," She teased him, although she held a seriousness to her words. "I'm still technically in a relationship with someone else." Scoffing in response, Rivin took a sip of the warm brew and closed in next to her, placing a hand on the small of her back leading her to sit on the nearby bench.  

"I think we both know that's over." He stated the obvious as they both sat, Elara decided to wrap her arm around his bicep for warmth as she let her head fall on his shoulder while Rivin let his hand drop to her thigh.