Chapter 1- The awakening

Chris' POV

When I came to, the first thing I noticed was my throbbing head. Without opening my eyes, I pulled my face into a grin. Apparently we had drunk too much at Hondo's and Jessica's wedding.

I was about to grab my forehead with my hand when my elbow bumped into something warm. I startled and snapped my eyes open.

<Why on earth is Luca lying next to me in bed!?>

I was about to sit up when my leg bumped into another body.

<Tan? What the hell?>

I panicked and noticed something warm underneath me.

<I swear, if that's Hondo now, then... Phew, it's Street.> Relieved that I was on top of my boyfriend and not my newly married boss, I had to laugh at us again. It was a very funny sight. The four of us crammed onto a small, dirty mattress with Jessica and Hondo snuggled together on the floor.

I got up carefully so as not to hurt Street and looked at the room. It was old and broken. How did we end up here? I felt like I had landed in Hangover and I immediately had to laugh about us again. There were three more doors leading out of the room, which contained only the disgusting mattress and a broken shelf.

Behind one was an equally filthy old bathroom, and behind the other was a kitchen with broken cabinets and doors hanging down at an angle. The stove was also dirty, only the refrigerator was new and clean... and filled to the brim, I realized after a look inside. Both the kitchen and the bathroom had no windows. There was another door leading out of the kitchen, but it was locked. So was the third door leading out of the main room. We were stuck here unless Jessica or one of the guys had a key.

How did we end up in this dump? Anyway, I just wanted to get back outside.

I ran back to Street and tried to wake him up. But he didn't wake up. Just like the others. I panicked and sat back down next to Street and took his hand. He was breathing evenly, but why wasn't he waking up?

A tear ran down my face.

Deacon's POV

I was late for work, having overslept because of last night. Jessica and Hondo's wedding had been beautiful, as was the party afterwards.

I ran into HQ and immediately heard Hicks calling for me. So I ran into his office.

"Commander, I'm sorry. I certainly won't be late again and-"

He interrupted me.

"Deacon, calm down. You're not five minutes late. It's about the rest of your team, including Cortez." His brow furrowed deeply.

"What about them?" I asked in alarm.
"Except for you Deacon, everyone should have been here over an hour ago. But they didn't show up." He explained.

"That's unusual." I remarked.

"Oh well, they'll have partied a little too late yesterday and won't be out of the woods today. I told Hondo and Jessica right away not to celebrate on a Sunday." Hicks gave a soft laugh and looked at me.

Just as I was about to respond, there was a loud noise in the hallway.

"What's going on now?" the commander asked, annoyed. We left his office together and bumped into our team members' families outside. Bonnie with Tans and her daughter Joana, Helena and Sarzo, Abigail and Miguel, Mr. and Mrs. Harrelson, Amy and even Luca's brother Terry.

"Where's my baby?"

"Where's my Chrissy and Street?"

"My foster brother, does he point?"