Austria x Reader Highschool AU

A/N: This was my first chapter request, thanks to HamiltonAttorney2277. My apologies, I don't know how to type the accent thing most fics have.

My Muse - Austria x Reader

~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Roderich Edelstein wasn't much popular among his peers, partly due to his obsession with music that left him alone playing piano during his free time. He, however, didn't mind this much. Roderich quite enjoyed the alone time, indulging in his passion. Though he couldn't help but feel lonely at times.

Things changed for him when one day, on his way to the music room, the sweetest melody he'd ever heard graced his ears. Searching for the source of the sound, he found it came from where he usually rehearsed. And what's more, it sounded like the piece he'd been working on. Curious, he quietly opened the door to reveal a (h/c) student seated at the piano.

"Hello?" He called to them.
They stopped, jumping a little at the sudden intrusion.
"I- I'm sorry. I didn't know someone else would be here today." They said, averting their eyes to the floor with a slight pink dusting their face.
"No, it's fine. Though I wasn't expecting anyone to be here either." He said. "You play very well, do you take lessons?"
"Oh, th- thank you. Um, I took lessons when I was little, but now I just learn as I go..." They said quietly.

Roderich was surprised that someone with that little teaching could play that well. Surprised and, admittedly, impressed.
"I'll leave now if you want me to." They hurriedly gathered up their things before he stopped them.
"Wait, could I listen to you play more? It's interesting hearing my work played by someone else."
"You wrote this?" They asked, a glow of wonder in their eyes.
"Yes, but it's far from finished."
"Oh. Oh! I forgot to ask your name."
"Roderich, Roderich Edelstein. And you?"
"(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)"

With that, they agreed to continue playing while he listened. He closed his eyes and hummed along while intently listening to the way their hands moved over the piano keys.
When they were finished, he opened his eyes and asked if they would like to meet up after school again tomorrow to help him continue writing it.

"I think it's better for me to hear how it sounds played by someone else, then I can get a fresh look at it."
"Well, I'd love to continue playing for you, if you really want me to."
"Yes, that would be nice." He said with a smile.
It was a soft sort of smile, they noticed. It made their heart flutter a bit, so they sent one back.

~~~~~

The pair continued to meet up for several days. Days quickly turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Roderich found that (Y/N) had made themselves a place in his otherwise absent heart. When they worked on the piece together, he felt butterflies rising inside him. It was almost disturbing, the change he found in himself after meeting them.
W

hat he didn't know, was that (Y/N) had been experiencing a similar feeling.

It wasn't until the last day of composing that something snapped...

~~~~~

Roderich opened his eyes after hearing (Y/N) play the final measures of his piece.
"Fantastic job, (Y/N)." He said, a soft look in his eyes.
"I think this is worthy of releasing now, thank you for your help."
"It's no problem, really, I was just playing the piece."
He hesitated, wondering if he should tell them how he felt. He didn't want this to be the last time they met up, but the piece was finished. How else would he be able to see them? At least if he got rejected, he wouldn't need to be in their presence much afterwards anymore.

He took a deep breath.

"Actually, (Y/N), you did much more than that for me. You played, made suggestions, and helped me write in many ways, but above all... You were my muse."
Their eyes widened as the words left his lips.
"Would... Would you continue to inspire me and- and become my lover?"

(Y/N) couldn't believe what they were hearing. After all this time, he felt the same? His words hung in the air, and they realized they should respond before he took their silence the wrong way.
"Yes, of course!" They gathered their things and walked over to him, blushing brightly.
"Shal we?" He held a hand out to them, and the two walked out of the music room, hands intertwined as a new bond had formed. The musician and his muse.

~~~~~

A/N: Alright, that was my first ever oneshots! I hope you liked it, sorry if it was a bit short or rushed at the end. Thanks again for requesting!