Gray

Gray was sitting outside the balcony, enjoying the brief escape from the heated motel room as he lit a cigarette between his lips. The lone man relished in the cold breeze against his bare chest; the only clothing he bothered wearing was his black denim pants that sat unbuttoned at his waist, knowing that it would only be a matter of time before they came off again once he went back into the suite.

The burning puff of nicotine filled his lungs as he took a long drag of his burning cancer stick, as his blue-haired nightly conquest loved to remind him anytime he took a break to smoke one. She hated them. She hated the tainted taste they left on his tongue and the horrid smell that lingered on him. But she loved him, and he knew those words were too small to explain her feelings for him, but it was true. Juvia was so desperately and irrefutably in love with him that she'd never complained of the stench. How she felt with her whole heart sometimes scared him, but Gray was way past the point of denying her his affection, for they both knew he felt the same.

The latch of the door opening and the feeling of her warm hands caressing his chest from behind sent instant peace to his muscles as he left her lips pressed against the shell of his ear.

"Can Juvia try it?" the bluenette asked with her eyes directed towards the burning stick between his fingers.

Gray slightly turned his head as he considered her words warily. After a brief moment of hesitation, the raven-haired man shrugged his shoulders and held the cigarette to her lips.

It wasn't the first time Juvia had come out here to watch him as he fulfilled his favorite pastime, but it was the first time she had asked to participate. The usually apprehensive girl moved from behind him and made herself comfortable on his lap, one arm wrapping around his shoulder as the other grabbed the burning cigarette from his fingers.

Juvia's cerulean blue hair shined brightly in the moonlight and contrasted against her thick black lashes, which her eyes pierced at him through. Gray cleared his throat nervously as he watched her bring the end of the bud to her lips, just like she had seen him do so many times before.

Juvia leaned back and inhaled deeply, letting the nicotine flavor fill her taste buds. Not taking too much of a puff, knowing her lungs were not used to such substances.

"Juvia doesn't get it," she replied honestly while twirling the burning stick in her fingers and repeating the action, taking a deep puff of smoke once more before sighing disappointedly.

"She doesn't know how you smoke this all the time; they taste horrible." Juvia scrunched her face in distaste and poked her tongue out her mouth. She handed what was left of the bud back to Gray with strong distaste.

Gray leaned back against the edge of the chair to get a better look at the disgusted girl. He let out a low chuckle as he ran his fingers through his messy hair carelessly, causing Juvia's cheeks to grow warm at the sight of him. He was undeniably sexy and always had a mystic aura about him, one that she sucked on like a leech, never entirely full, but enough to keep her satisfied.

"Why do you ask to try it if you know you'll only hate it?" Gray pondered as he took a large puff into the cigarette, enjoying the taste her lips left behind.

Juvia grabbed the stick between her fingers once more and copied his movements, but unlike him, she wore a face of disgust. "Juvia doesn't know. She thought it would help her feel closer to you." Juvia admitted giving her the cigarette a final time, no longer wishing to participate.

"And why would you want to feel closer to me?" He scoffed. For a second, he saw a flash in her eyes; it was the same look she had when they lay connected, their bodies entwined in the cheap motel sheets.