chapter 4

June 1st, 2003

I wake up, to hands around my waist. I've forgotten that I was resting with Sunny and I'm pretty sure he had forgotten too. I couldn't see his cat really anywhere. I wish I could've just fall out of the bed, but I didn't.
"Ahh..Mari."

Who's Mari? I didn't want to wake him up with a question, he just seems really tired for most of the time. I feel really awkward with hands around my waist. Finally, he releases my waist and I'm free!

I roll out of his bed on purpose, and...it kind of hurted.  "AH-"

I get up quickly, "Sunny-? What's wrong?"
"I heard..a thud"
"Oh, that was me, sorry."  He seemed annoyed after that, but he doesn't seem sleepy. His hair is messy though, it looks cute though. I can finally ask him a question.

"Um.. Sunny."
"Yes?"

"Where's your cat?" It was silent after that, he looked down.
"Y/N, I don't have a cat."

...Shit."O-oh, Jesus, Sunny I'm so sorry...If I had known-"
"It's fine, can you get out of my room for awhile?" I then nodded. Ohmygod I feel guilty. He probably hates me now. Still thinking of that, I hear my phone ringing.
"Hello?"
"Ah! Y/N, good morning!" It was my Grandma
"Oh, good morning Grandma. How are you?"
"I'm doing good! You're Grandpa is doing good too, but hey, we're going to actually come back on Monday, 6pm." What a relief, not that I minded Sunny, but I'm pretty sure he minded me. I just wanted to get back in my house.

"That's good!"
"Yeah it is, I'm pretty sure you don't even want us coming back since you're partying with boys."
"Hah..yeah.." partying with boys for sure.
"Anyways I'm going to go, bye sweetie, love you!"
"Love you too."

"Who was that?" I hear a voice behind me, I turn back and I see Sunny. Which scared me.
"Oh! It's just my Grandma. She's actually returning with my grandpa on Monday 6pm."

"So you're not going to stay longer, after all?" I could hear slight sadness in his voice, though I did wonder why he would be sad that I'm going back. I thought he was fed up with me.

"Yeah, but we can still hang. If you want." Then I had an idea, I'll give him my phone number!
"Sunny, do you want my phone number?" I didn't even notice, but he seemed to fidget with his hands.
"W-what?"
"Well, only if you want. Trying not to force you." He then nods and he gives me a piece of paper and a pen. I then write my number and he snatches it and puts it in his pocket.

Sunny's POV

I got her number? She does mean it in a friendly way, right?  The questions kept running in my head, "I have a test tomorrow, and I forgot to study?" Y/N falls down on the couch and groans.

"I can help you study..?" I whisper, can't be that hard?

Turns out, it is hard. Now what is this? Thought it'll be kind of easy. I'ma just pretend to fall asleep.

Y/N'S POV

"And I need help with thi-" before I finished my sentence, I see that Sunny fell asleep next to me. I could tell that he was pretending to be asleep so he can bail out on helping me with my work.
"Jesus Sunny I can tell that you're not actually asleep." No response. I'll just take a walk and tomorrow I'll beg my friends for answers.  I get my iPod and wired earbuds then head out.