Magnificent exhibition : The Emile Guimet treasures

Born in 1836 and died in 1918 in Fleurieu-sur-Saône, Emile Guimet is this illustrious and very singular Lyonnais who created museums in Lyon and Paris, while business flourish of his family. Innovative in its social vision and intuition in his museum, it remains, a century later, a very topical.

In an attempt to draw a portrait of Emile Guimet, the Confluence Museum has chosen to show in one place items once gathered by him, but were scattered throughout the twentieth century.

The prestigious pieces included in this exhibition are, to a large extent, the fund Confluence Museum. Others come from the Museum of Fine Arts in Lyon (where the Egyptian capital of the Guimet Museum in Lyon had been transferred in 1969), the Musée Guimet in Paris (mainly Asian arts) or the Louvre.

This temporary exhibition dedicated to him is in a natural and legitimate approach because the Confluence Museum is, somehow, one of his heirs and a continuation of a museum audacity that characterized him.

For extra info make sure you take a look at the web site by heading over to this link - [http://www.scoop.it/t/monument-photo/p/4043042506/2015/05/07/magnificent-exhibition-the-emile-guimet-treasures Emile Guimet Exhibition].

In search for events in Paris?

Paris continues to be home to some of the most stunning tourist attractions. If you're looking for more on visiting Paris, or anywhere else in France, visit Citibreak.fr.

Citibreak is one of the most comprehensive online guides for France. We offer you with information on the latest happenings, events, exciting places to visit, cultural events, art shows, and the best exhibitions in Paris!