Dead In The Water

RESTAURANT

EXT. MOTEL – DAY

A truck goes past a neon sign that says HOTEL, behind a building that says The Lynnwood INN. The Impala is parked in front.

INT. RESTAURANT – DAY

There is a mostly empty plate in front of Dean and Betsy, who is circling obituaries in a newspaper.

Tilly circles an obituary that reads:

CARLTON, SOPHIE -The Carlton family is sad to announce the death of their beloved daughter in a tragic swimming accident. Sophie Carlton, 18, was having her [...] Lake Manitoc WI, an [...] suddenly [...]

An attractive waitress, whose name tag says Wendy, approaches.

"Can I get you anything else?" The waitress

Dean looks up and grins around the pen he's chewing on.

Sam comes over and sits down.

"Just the check, please." Betsy said

"Okay." the waitress said.

Wendy walks away. Dean drops his head, then looks at Sam.

"You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while. Dean points to Wendy walking away; she's wearing short shorts. "That's fun." Dean said.

"One that's ew and now I'm thinking of Dean sex"Said Harley with a groan

"And two that's a little sexiest but okay"

Tilly slides the newspaper around to show the group.

"Here, take a look at this, I think I got one. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walked into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago." Tilly said.

"A funeral?" Betsy asked

"Yeah, it's weird, they buried an empty coffin. For, uh, closure or whatever." Tilly said, a slightly confused look on her face.

"Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Tills. Other people just stop looking for them." Sam snarked.

"Something you want to say to us?" Dean asked

"The trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day." Sam said

"Exactly. So what are we supposed to do?" Tilly asked

"I don't know. Something. Anything." Sam said

"You know what? I'm sick of this attitude. You don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?" Betsy said.

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just—" Sam started before Dean cut him off.

"We've been the ones that have been with him every single day for the past two years, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies, keeping Harley from us. We will find Dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?" Dean said.

"They weren't really keeping me away I wanted to say with Sam and Mom, and Aunt Tilly" said Harley sheepishly

Betsy smiled sadly at Harley. Tilly wrapped her arm around Harley's shoulders.

Sam rolls his eyes. Wendy walks by, distracting Dean.

"All right, Lake Manitoc. Hey!" Tilly said.

Dean turns his attention to Tilly.