Epilogue

'Its been weeks and we haven't heard from any of them. It's like they've disappeared', Makkari signed. They were gathered in Phastos' lab. Druig seated on the table in the corner surrounded by books and snacks. Agil leaning at his side, both men dressed in t-shirts and jeans. Agil had Druig's leather jacket over his shoulders, the jacket slightly too big for him, and his hair down. While the other man was in a paint splattered tshirt that was definitely not his own. 

Makkari was standing near the centre of the room in her favourite brown jacket and faded jeans. Braids tied back in a bun as she signed. Agil wondered why they were all fully dressed in their own home, where they could be relaxed. But he guessed that it was just more out of habit rather than a reason. Thena was dressed in white and was leaning against one of the other tables on the other side of the room. "Arisham". 

"Should we go back?" Agil asked. 

Then something in the air changed. Thena straightened and raised a hand to form a spear. Makkari turned, hands moving. 'I feel it too'.  Druig glanced around, mouth full as Agil stood up and claws formed around his fingertips as a tail flickered into existence behind him. 

"What?" Druig asked as Agil stepped in front of him, blocking him from the corridor where lights had began flickering in the air. Thena and Makkari had been advancing but they stopped in surprise as a childlike form blinked into existence and clattered on the floor. Several loud grunts sounded as the tankard it had been carrying clanging echoingly on the stone. 

"What is that?" Agil muttered as the alien picked itself up. It was small and humanoid, with ginger hair and a beard. Pointed ears protruded from it's head and it was clothed in green leathers. "Its smaller than Sprite". 

The alien laughed as it picked up the tankard. It had bare hairy feet like a creature out of a storybook. "Wow. My eyes and ears are numb", it chuckled as it staggered forwards a few steps. It's voice masculine and speaking very good English. "No more drunk teleporting for you". 

Makkari was watching the thing with a amused and curious smile while Thena just seemed confused. "Um" she tried but was interrupted. 

"Hang on", the creature waved its arms and began imitating a fanfare. Agil sniggered despite himself. "Behold", the small being waved as more lights began flickering down the corridor. "The royal prince of titan. Brother of Thanos, the knave of hearts, defeater of black Robert". 

A dark figure had appeared and had been walking down the corridor towards them as the alien spoke. "Roger", a voice corrected. It sounded young and very English. 

The alien groaned. "Defeater of black Roger. The great Adventurer, starfox of mystery planet". The figure stepped into the light to reveal a handsome young man with brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing armour red and gold and greeted them with a bow. 

"It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance my fellow Eternals", he smiled. "You know you really don't have to do the whole thing every time?" he added to the alien at his side. 

"But everything you do is impressive", the alien replied. 

"Who are you?" Thena interrupted before an argument could develop. The man turned his attention back onto them. 

"I am Eros, this is pip. You are as beautiful as the legends say Thena". He smiled flirtatiously. 

Druig, who had not moved at all during the whole situation, swallowed his mouthful. "What do you want lads?" 

Eros grinned at them. "Pip and I are here to help, aren't we?" He held up a hand in which a familiar glowing golden orb hovered. It was the same as the golden orb Sersi had used to contact Arisham. Thena, Makkari and Agil startled at the sight. Eros let out a whistle. "You're friends are in big trouble. And we know just where to find them". The man flashed them a magazine worthy smile. 

Agil glanced back at his lover and shrugged. The whole thing was weird but it might be the best chance they had at finding the rest of their family again. Druig shrugged in reply and offered Agil a Twinkie. 

unedited