Horror

'The stone shinobis are using the bandits as meat-shield and to tire us.' Santo and Kana realized. They didn't use any water-type jutsus except the mist as it would use chakra and they would get tired early. On the other side, Wu had started to get some injuries as Kurai was proven to be stronger than him.

Even the shinobis that Santo and the others had brought with them from the village, were killing the bandits but they all knew that no matter how many bandits they kill, its not going to make much of a difference.

'I have to destroy all those ships together and keep Kurai trapped for long enough that Santo and the others can escape on the ship. I should have asked for some backup from the Terumi clan if I knew that we would be ambushed like that. I was too confident in my and Enko's abilities.' Wu thought. Enko was doing a good job killing those who tried to get on the ship but now he was starting to get overwhelmed. Toru and Nana were yet to face any enemy but they were ready with their kunai to throw at anyone who appears in the water around the boat.

As everything was in chaos with the sounds of screaming, roaring, and metals clashing, suddenly it all stopped.

"What happened?" Kana asked as she looked at her brother and Uncle. Wu saw that everyone suddenly became quiet and they all simply stared at their ship.

"Why did they suddenly stop fighting?" Santo asked.

"I don't know but whatever happened it has happened to Kurai as well." Wu said as he pointed at Kurai who was standing in a trance. Before Wu could give the next order they all started screaming and clawing their own skin. The scene was extremely horrific to watch and the Terumi kids watch the bandits and shinobis dig their nails in their own and each other's skins and scratch them. Only in 5 seconds, they were all killing each other. Toru and Nana couldn't help but puke out of disgust. They had never thought they would see such a scene in their life. This scene was even scarier that the nightmares they have seen. Even the shinobis fell a chill run down their spine after seeing such a spectacle.

Wu saw that Kurai had thrown his sword to the side and he was pulling his own hair and screaming loudly. His eyes had turned red from opening them so wide and he was on his knees on his ship.

"Master, what is this?" Enko asked Wu. He hadn't seen anything like this and he didn't even want to in the future. Wu shook his head and said "I don't know but this isn't the time to stand like this, go and finish off whoever is left. If you feel any of them is the leader then bring him alive. We need more info as to what they know. Don't waste time and go. I will try to stop Kurai from killing himself." Wu instructed and jumped toward Kurai.

As Wu reached Kurai's ship his shoe was instantly wet from the blood on the deck. Wu walked in front of Kurai and saw that he had pulled out most of his hair and he had made scratch marks on his skin made by his own nails. Wu slashed his sword and cut Kurai's sword-wielding arm. This instantly stopped Kurai from screaming. Wu realized that Kurai must have been in an illusion rather than some kind of poison or parasite. When Wu used chakra on his sword to swiftly cut Kurai's arm, this created a disturbance in Kurai's chakra network making him break from the genjutsu.

"They are in a genjutsu, insert your chakra in them and break them from it if you want to bring anyone alive." Wu said to which Kana and Santo nodded and started killing everyone searching for the leader.

Kurai who had come out of his genjutsu by now looked at his arm and then at his bleeding shoulder as his eyes widened again. He then turned toward Wu and said "M-Monster...kill me Wu...please kill me." Wu looks at Kurai with a pitiful look but instead of killing him he picked up Kurai and jumped on his own ship.

Santo and Kana felt a bit bad after killing most of them and so they decided to bring out some from the genjutsu only to hear them beg for death and some even pick up the fallen weapon and kill themselves. In the end, they found the leader of the shinobis and brought him back to the ship.

On the ship deck, the bald man and his helpers did see some bloodshed but not everything due to the mist. So they understood that their side had won. "I knew Mr. Santo along with his siblings and the protectors would defeat them." The bald man cheered and looked at his helpers and then at Yami.

"Huh...Yuta you seem to be a little pale. It's obvious as this is the first time you must have seen bloodshed" (A/N: LOL...yeah Yami's is unknown to bloodshed)

'Using such a genjutsu on so many people including multiple jonin level shinobis really is not an easy task. Thank god for my chakra core or else I would have fainted by now. I feel that I will be back at my peak in half n hour. That's really impressive I must say.' Yami thought.

"Enko and Santo take Kurai and the stone shinobi leader to the bottom of the ship and keep them there. Make sure to take care of any wounds that could be fatal. We will talk to them in an hour. After that get yourself checked for any wounds. Kana you along with Toru and Nana also make sure you have no open wounds.

Wu then looked at the shinobis standing on the deck and said "Throw away the corpses of bandits that are on our ship. Also, go to their ships and get whatever you can including their weapons. In a situation like this, you must take any kind of help you get."

To read 19 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.