Twenty Two | Friendly Get Together

Author's Note

Finally! Twenty Two... Hope you guys enjoy :)

* * * * *

I sat in the bleachers of the Quidditch field, watching my brother chasing after the Quaffle as his team tossed it around in the sky. It's been a week since Draco's confrontation and even Snape was still ignoring me. Men, am I right? Gwen had a couple extra essays she wanted to finish in Herbology with Professor Slughorn in his classroom and I decided to watch Liam practice. It was afternoon and the air was crispy cool, been all week. I had my arms underneath each other, wearing a thin white hoodie.

I laughed as Liam almost crashed into Ron Weasley through a hoop, until I heard someone clear their throat beside me. I looked up to see Draco at the rails above the stairs wearing his infamous black suit and an expensive looking satchel over his shoulder, one hand in his pocket and my cloack in the other. I stood up and smiled as he walked up to me with an innocent smirk.

"Hey," I said, "Thanks. I was worried it was gone forever." Mainly because the walk after the room of requirement incident, he couldn't find it in his damn dorm. "Yeah," he said sheepishly, "But, it's in tact and clean. Thanks for the borrow."

"No problem," I said as I slipped it on over my hoodie.

Draco looked up at the practice and said, "Watching the enemy?"

"Watching my brother." I said warningly, sitting back down on the bleacher.

"Hmph," he scoffed, "Well, I wanted to know... You know, because you helped me out. Warming me up, I guess you can say... Er, if you want to go to The Three Broomsticks with me right now. I'll buy you a butterbeer. Or a firewhiskey, I'm a bit respected there." He gave me a smug look.

"Draco..." I said waringly and he raised his hand to stop me.

"I'm not looking for a girlfriend, Wilson. I want to go just as friends." he said with a small chuckle. I sighed in relief and looked back at the practice. Liam kept giving my shifty looks and I raised an eyebrow, knowing what he is exactly thinking. "Yeah, sounds good. It's cold as shit anyways." I said and followed Draco out the field.

We headed to Hogsmeade together, side by side. I looked up at the cloudy sky and admired the cool breeze. "How I die for a cigarette." I whispered to myself and sighed. "I wouldn't see why you can't smoke one now," Draco said, "We're out of school bounds."

"Snape took them, though..." I groaned and cocked an eyebrow to him, "Don't you remember?" Draco gave me a smirk and laughed. "Oh yeah, I remember. Here then," Draco dove into the back of his pant pocket and pulled out a thin metallic case, "Take one. Since the first time you gave me one, I bought some myself." He pulled out a box of matches and I greedily took the case and grabbed a long black cigarette from it and lit it with a match. I inhaled deeply and blew out the smoke slowly and nudged him in the shoulder gently.

"Aren't I the best influence?" I whispered, looking back to see a few students behind us giving us strange looks. "Liking the sarcasm," he whispered back. After a relieving walk to Hogsmeade, I discarded my cigarette and walked through the door. The pub was warm and busy, students bombarding the tables. Draco led me to the side of the bar, which was darkened from the lively atmosphere and we sat down. I pulled off my cloak and threw it over my lap and leaned into the counter. Draco kept his satchel by his side tightly, looking around worriedly.

"Are you alright?" I asked and he gave me a tight lip smile.

"Hey, Bose!" Draco called out to the old wrinkled man behind the bar, "Two firewhiskeys!" The old man gave Draco a sour look, but did not refuse. He pulled two round icy glasses from under the counter cooler and brought it to us, pouring half each with the liquor. He walked off, murmuring to himself regrettably and I scoffed as I held the glass to my face.