The end is the beginning

The bells of the chruch was so loud , everyone in the city heard it. It was 3 pm and the noise called the people for the most meaningfull event after years!

The death of the king.

A brownhaired, blue-eyed young man was taken to the gallows , his clothes made out of the most expensive material , is mostly torn apart. The crowd cheerd
"Death to the king!"
"Give back my family!"
"Perrish in hell!"
They put the rope around his neck , a girl around the age of 16 with long red hair and golden armour stepped foward then she started the speech , everyone went silent.

- We are here today , to witnesses the death of our cruel king , Fafnir. He starved his people , killed thousands if not hundreds , inside his own country and in the big genocide aganist our neighbor , the Umi nation. The punishment is ... Death!!!
The angry mob started the shouting again , the paladin turned to him one last time.
-Any last words toward us , majesty?- said the girl with anger and disgust on his face.
The man just smiled , with a smile that would look sad and comforting in any other situation.
- Is that so...- she turned her head towards an older woman with green hair , who was about to pull the lever.
The man who were waiting for his death , looked up to the sky , and said his last words.
- Oh , time for snack!

And the bells played the tune of goodbye and death.

See you all in the next chapter.