Chapter 1

The buzzing of the needle that peirced her skin was the only sound that she focused on. There was music playing but Trix liked the buzz of the tattoo needle. She was in the process of getting the eyptian eye tattoo on the upper part of her inside fore arm. Trix was used to the pain by now. In fact she relished in it. Alec her tattoo artist always enjoyed seeing Trix, not just cause she was his favorite customer. He had know the girl since she was in her teens. 

"Alright all finished." Alec pulled away placing the needle on the table, he would clean his station once he had Trix wrapped up. He grabbed the aquaphor and rubbed some on the tattoo. Next was the wrap, after that was on and taped he began cleaning.

"Nice job as always Alec." Trix stood from the car, stretching her body. 

"Always the flatter." He gave a husky laugh, getting up he walked her to the checkout station.

"Never," She laughed, "How much do I owe you for this one?" Trix pulled out her wallet.

"Nintey-five. Even." 

Trix handed him the cash, "Thanks for getting me in on short notice. I wanted to get this done before Kinsley comes down for winter break."

"Hows she doing?"

"In the process of becoming a paramedic."

"Oh I thought she as going to be a doctor?"

"I think thats her goal in the long run. But you know her." Trix laughed.

Alec laughed, "Yeah, well tell the girl I said hi."

"Are you kinding she's gonna wanna see your sorry ass before heading back to colorafo."

"You got to convice that girl to move back home."

Trix shook her head. Kinsley would never move back to Alaska in a million years, "If I could control that girl her ass be home as soon as she finshed her training."

"Fine. Just remeber to visit little old me before she goes back."

Trix walked to the door, stopping she turned to face him, "Forty five isnt old Alec. But yeah Ill make sure she stops by."

Trix walked out the door, pulling on her coat as a blast of the chilly Alaskan air hit her full force. Her mind wondered back to her little sister. Trix had been relecutant to let Kinsley go all the way to colorado for her paramedic training. But that girl was as stubborn as their late parents. They had died when Trix was fifteen and Kinsley was twelve. They had gone to dinner and a late movie, unaware that a blizzard was headed their way making the roads very dangerous. Alec hand been their neighbor at the time, they had only been in Alaska six months before losing their parents. And with no other family they were headed into foster care.

Alec had suprised not only the girls themselves but everyone else when he preposed the idea of becoming the girls legal gaurdians. It had been a long and painful process but at the age of sixteen they were legally adopted by the twenty-one year old. Which Trix found strange but didnt push. Trix got into her car turning on the heat, she sat letting the engine warm before taking off. She had a few errands to run beofre heading back to her apartm,ent. It was just after four when she, with her arms full of grocies unlocked the door to her apartment. 

Kinsley would be here by five and Trix wanted to have a nice dinner waiting. Putting the grocies away Trix turned on the radio and got to work making the dinner.  Her plan was to make Kinsley's favorite. Beer and lime marinated salmon it wouldnt take to long while that was marinating she got to work on the aspagus and red potatos. Her mouth watered as the smell of food premeated the air. She set the table, grabbed two glasses and a bottle of red wine. Just as she placed it on the table there was a knock on the door. Smiling Trix walked to the door and opened it. Kinsley stood on the other side.