prequel

It was early in the morning, and Charles had offered to take the younger boys out for a walk to the lake. They were well around 10 minutes away from their destination.

When they came across a willow tree, one of the younger boys, Eric had been complaining that his legs hurt so Charles decided they should sit and take a break. As they began to unpack their lunches and start to eat they hear a noise from the other side of the tree. "ah fuck"  a feminine voice grunted catching the attention of the group.

Concerned Charles called out “ hey who's over there!?”, moving toward the stranger he saw that it was a young girl close to his age possibly a year younger, she looked rough like she was in a fight or something. Her hair looked as though it hadn't been washed or brushed recently. He had turned to the group of young boys and told them to start heading back.

She seemed frightened by the unsuspected voice unaware of the group. “ it's ok I'm not trying to hurt you” he told her carefully, which seemed to calm her nerves a bit. Charles saw how her shoulders softened and he took this as a sign that he could approach her.

Taking a few more steps forward with his hands raised. After a few moments of silence, she slid down against the tree and he followed taking a set next to her. "Your hurt," he said turning to her and noticing the cut on her upper cheek. She let out a exhausted laugh " ya, sorry about ya'know " she said motioning to the resent situation.

Charles smiled "don't worry about it, hey what happened" she chuckled slightly "got into a fight with a couple of older kids". Ahhh that makes sense Charles thought. The two talked for well around a hour before they hear miss.

Lila and mr. Leo yell that it was time for dinner, and they packed their stuff. " hey! I never got your name!" Charles yelled towards the girl "it's rhys!" She yelled walking in the opposite direction. The boy smiled to him self and continued in the direction of the boys home.

Sorry This kinda sucks but whatever. :)