The shadow

It was an unfortunate day. I woke up late for work, spilled my coffee, missed my bus, tripped on spilled water, got yelled at, it started raining and I had no umbrella, I had to wait at the bus stop for an hour, and now I'm home with an empty fridge and no money... fuck me...

Anyhow, I'm Hecate, age 28. I live alone in a small apartment that literally has mushrooms growing from the damn floor. My father's death left me with all his fucking debt from gambling and shit. I got about half done with help from some family out of pity. I haven't eaten a proper meal in weeks since bill's been a bitch. I get paid next Monday so I'll grab some cheap ass pizza that tastes like shit but who cares.

"Better luck to me in the next life", i say this each time i sleep in case i die and reincarnate.

...

I run and run In some dark ass forest till I reach some musty ass hut. As I walked in I felt I saw this place before but I don't know where. A shadow was then casted on me in the shape of a person. I turn only to be meant by a pinch black shadow or husk of a human. It reminds me of them... shit shit SHIT. They're going to hurt me, why would they hurt me...? It was my fault they died, they were the ones who went to the bar... I was supposed to drive back, I was never told to... the shadow came closer and closer as my vision dimmed.

*Cough* *cough*

Blood came pouring out of my mouth like a waterfall as I fell to the ground. I was choking on my own blood mixed with some black shit. I think I'm going to die... the shadow looms over me as a lay helpless. I try to run but hands from the ground drag me back. The shadow reaches out to me as I feel myself getting dragged underground to... hell probably. I'm drowning in this ink that is getting mixed with my blood. I can feel it fill my lungs as I thrash and gasp for air. The shadow reached out to me to... help me?

I jerk awake drenched in sweat. I look around my "bedroom" tho it is literally just a couch bed in my living room sooo. It's a small room with a kitchen consisting of two counters, a cheap fringe, microwave, stove and oven. It's 5:00 am right now... I should get ready... I need to smoke...

~

I'm at work now. I walked here since I can't get into a car without a fucking paink attack wich I do not need right now. Anyhow, some bitch I forgot the name of is dragging me to my manager cus I didn't let her use an expired coupon.

"Miss please stop the-" I tried to reason with her but noooo i mean what did I expect from this entitled bitch baby of an adult. There's a reason she's on her 5th husband.

"SHUT UP" she yelled

The manager then came out and dragged the lady away since this is a daily thing unfortunately. Then the bell at the door rang and that dick head Frank came in... shiiit uuhh I can smell the alcohol from here. No no it's fine you'll survive one sleazy comment or two. I walked back and with the fakest smile ever greeted him.

"Welcom is there anything you need?"

"Why your number would be nice baby girl~"he replied.

Man's got the flirting skills of a 12 year old on Roblox.

Wait...

Ain't he like 56 with a wife and 3 kids. Wait his wife hooked up with Nicole in the bathroom a week ago and 1 of his kids got arrested for stealing. Honestly everyone in this neighborhood prop hooked up at least once by now.

"Sir the beers are in the back if you need them" i say since his alcoholic ass prop can't resist it. He calls me a bitch under his breath before grumbling off.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a shadow... shit. I almost fall down till I realize it's just Bethany. She walked in. I waved at her. She waved at me, got that annoying Karen ass bitch and left. No questions asked. No elaboration. She is my favorite.

8She a single girl boss queen who helps us lowly customer service people with the Karen's and leaves without a word. She even gave me some money for my dad's debt and some Olive Garden. She is forever my favorite person in this shit place.

Anyway my boss left to go hook up with his wife's best friend and my shift is almost over so I'm gonna steal some instant noodles candy and leave. I get 8 packs since this is my only food source and some gatorade. I stuff them into my big ass bag that I bought just for this. Also the owner of this store didn't buy cameras cus he cheap and bought fake cameras to trick you into thinking you're being watched at all times.

I walk home, it's currently 5:15 pm. I gave one homeless person some candy on my way home. The streets are narrow and suffocating as the smell of alcohol, throw up and whatever other shit is in the air. I have already walked past like 5 drug deliveries. Probably a person trying to hide a dead body. And I'm not even halfway there.

~

I collapsed on my couch bed tired and hungry. Tomorrow is Saturday so I might go to the bar for free drinks from old men. Yea let's do that might do a blow jod for some cash too. Tho I should eat first shouldn't I? I'll wash up real quickly while it cooks.

The water is nice and makes me feel safe and clean. I quickly scrub my body down and wash my hair with shampoo with water in it to make it last longer. I shaved while eating just To be prepared for whatever happens if I get too drunk.

I walk outside and head to the usual place quickly. Mentally preparing myself. And lightning a cigarette. Tho doesn't that count as mental prep?

~the end~

(A/n) so this came out of my head after reading tell tale heart and learning about who made it so yea.

Why did you waste your time reading this idk? Also it's 1:13 am right now that I'm writing this... shit? Idk I have no confidence in my work.

Anyway your prop is reading this at like 2:00 to 5:00 in the morning so go to bed. Good night and no I'm not going to sleep