Chemical spill

It was a warm summer day, the sky clear and a beautiful blue.

On the field the Deathpacters carry barrels of toxic waste to the factory, the 7 of them being led by a short but bossy GB. She calls out orders as they slow down and stop in front of the entrance.

"Congratulations. You made it to the entrance, now we just need to get them down." She turns to the group, "Oh, and Tennis Ball said to say thank you so, thanks I guess."

Liy shrugs as she leans on her barrel and sighs, wiping sweat from her brow.

"Well you did say you'd kill someone if you didn't get help so… it was more of your threat."

"Why do you need this stuff anyway?" Tree asks, reading the warning on the side.

"Science." Golf Ball replies far too calmly. 

Tree looks at her concerned, but turns back to continue reading.

"Honestly this would be easier if all 8 of us were doing this!" Pen yells, looking directly at Black Hole who's on the other side of the entrance. 

"Oh come on, Pen. That's just unfair." Black Hole floats closer to the others.

"Woah okay, stay away from my project!" GB exclaims, stepping between Black Hole and her chemical barrels. "Can you guys move them back farther?"

Nodding, Pen gives his barrel a soft shove, but instead of nudging it back it spills, emptying out and pooling around the feet of the nearby Deathpacters.

Looking at the ground they begin to feel tingling, slowly their eyes begin to dull. 

GB, Pen, and Black Hole look on, all but Golf Ball worried, she just watches and begins scribbling aggressively on her clipboard.

It's silent for a moment before Bottle interrupts it with,

"I think we're zombies :D."

"Oh no fair! That sounds cool!" Pen complains, worry melting away as he takes a few steps back and runs jumping into the puddle. 

Droplets fly around the now 7 infected objects. 

"Pen what the flip?" Liy exclamans.

"Yeah Pen, why? Now we're all infected." Pie sighs facepalming and planting a hand on their hip firmly.

"Not all of us. Black Hole isn't." Remote chimes in, pointing at the gravity defying orb.

Pen looks at the group, then gets up, walks closer, and flicks some of the waste at Black Hole.

Nobody says a word for a few minutes before Black Hole says, 

"Are you serious?"

Pen shrugs. 

"Well that didn't work."

As the two begin bickering, Bottle notices Golf Ball still scribbling on her clipboard. Curious, she walks over and glaces over the gray ball.

"Whatcha doing :]?"

Startled, GB flitches away from the voice. 

"I have a clipboard and if I have to I'll use it!" She threatens, scrambling up and backing away from Bottle, fear evident. 

"Aw I'm sorry, I didn't know I was gonna scare you :(." Bottle replies. 

"You mean you're not gonna hurt me?"

Bottle shakes her head, GB looks at the others who are arguing about their current situation. Taking a deep breath she comes to the realization that they're relatively harmless.

"Well, I wonder how the others will feel about this."