✧✷✧ Prologue ✧✷✧

A powerful electric burst crackled through the beat up hideout, effectively blasting a new hole in the structure's wall. This was immediately followed by someone shouting.

"HEY! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE AIMIN' THOSE BLASTS, SPARKY!! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME KILLED!?"

Maniacal laughter echoed through the winding halls. "C'mon, Magna! If you'd just spar with me, you would know when I'm going to attack!"

"I'M NOT GOING TO SPAR WITH YOU RIGHT NOW, YOU LITTLE PUNK!!"

"Awwwe, you're no fun!"

This is the Black Bulls' hideout, home of their Magic Knight Captain Yami. And, of course, his squad: Asta, Vanessa, Magna, Noelle, Grey, Nero, Finral, Luck, Gordon, Charmy, Zora, Henry, and Gauche.

While they all play important roles in their squad, we'll be focusing on two of them in particular:

Luck and Magna.

As the most chaotic duo in the Black Bulls, they seemed to always put it upon themselves to get into the most trouble. And today was no different.

"Just what do you think you two are doing. You're supposed to be on patrol, not goofing off." A rough voice sternly said.

Captain Yami was standing in one of the many doorways in the hideout, a glare set on his face.

"Sorry, Captain Yami, sir!" The two shouted in unison, stopping in front of their captain and saluting to him.

"Whatever.. just go get to work, you numbskulls." He muttered tiredly, rubbing the bridge of his nose while puffing some smoke out of his cigarette.

"On it, Captain Yami, sir!" They shouted again. Seconds later they were quickly running out the door, pushing and shoving the other and laughing loudly.

"Those two are going to lead me to an early grave, I swear..." Yami growled under his breath, turning around and walking away. "At least the hideout will be quieter for a while."

✧°:•*°✧°*•:°✧°:•*°✧°*•:°✧

"Hahaha~! Beat'cha, Magna!"

"HAAAAH!? WHA'DYA TALKIN' ABOUT!?! I TOTALLY WON THAT!!"

The Chaotic Duo™ had finished their mission, and had decided to start a race to see who could get back to the hideout first. And Luck had, of course, won the race.

Thankfully, by the time they got back, the rest of the squad was awake, so no one was rudely awoken by their shouting.

"Do they ever stop arguing...?" Charmy asked, putting down her food to stare at the two.

"Nope." Finral muttered, shaking his head. "They'll always find the dumbest things to argue about. Seems now is no exception."

"Hey, hey! Hey Magna! Why don't you fight me and then we can see who's the real winner!"

"Oh, you're so on, Lightning Boy. You're not gonna win this time!"

Guache huffed, glaring at Luck and Magna, who had gotten into their fighting stances. "They'd better not blow up the base. I hate to think about what would happen to all of my darling Marie's pictures and figurines if they destroyed the hideout."

"It's not like we could stop them." Finral whined.

"M-m-m-maybe if we ask n-n-nicely, th-th-they'll stop f-f-fighting..?" Grey stammered, peeking out from the blanket pile she was hiding in to watch them.

"As if that would ever work." Guache said, crossing his arms across his chest. "They're both stubborn and determined to win, no matter how trivial of a matter it is."