✧✷✧ Week One | Day Five: Charmy and Asta ✧✷✧

Used some prompts this time <3

✧°:•*°✧°*•:°✧°:•*°✧°*•:°✧

For the first time, in the 6+ years that he's been with the Black Bulls, Magna was the only person in the hideout who was awake.

Granted, it was like, 1AM, so he couldn't really blame the rest of his squad for wanting to get a normal amount of sleep.

Magna, on the other hand, had been completely unable to sleep. Well, okay, that wasn't entirely true, in a sense, since he had slept for at least 30 minutes to an hour before waking up. But his point still remained.

And to say he was exhausted would be terribly understating the way he currently felt. He was feeling tired, anxious, and incredibly lonely.

What I would give for Luck to be awake right n--

"Magna?"

The fire mage turned around quickly, eyes lighting up for a second, before he immediately went back to his original mood when he saw Charmy standing in the doorway instead of Luck.

Damnit.. well, at least it's someone.

"What are you doing up?" She asked.

"I could ask you the same question."

Charmy grinned. "I'm up getting some late night snacks, of course! What about you?"

"...Couldn't sleep."

She made a sympathetic noise, bouncing over towards him. She stood on a stool beside him, patting his shoulder. "Aww, sorry, Magna.."

He huffed, taking a small step away from her. "'S fine. It ain't your fault. Nothin' you could do about it anyways."

"Hmmm.. oh, I know!" Charmy cheered quietly. "I can help! I could make some special yummy food that can help you sleep!"

Magna stated doubtfully at her. "You.. you can actually do that?"

"Mmmhm! It's one of the newer spells that I discovered a little while back!"

"....If you say so."

Charmy did a little peace sign with her fingers, posing epically. Or, well, it would have been epic, if she wasn't still standing on a rickety old barstool that looked like it could collapse at any second. "Don't worry, you'll be able to sleep in no time! And I promise it'll be delicious too, or my name isn't Charmy!!"

"Sure thing, kiddo.." Magna muttered, shaking his head.

The girl immediately got to work, summoning her sheep with her grimoire and starting to rapidly cook. He watched her for a moment, before sighing and heading outside for some late night training.

✧°:•*°✧°*•:°✧°:•*°✧°*•:°✧

The moon was still high in the night sky by the time Charmy dragged him back inside to eat.

"Ta-daa!" She exclaimed excitedly in a hushed voice, gesturing dramatically towards the food she had prepared.

Magna thanked her, and started eating. "Damn, Charmy, this is good!" He told her, voice muffled.

"Of course it is! Everything I make is a culinary masterpiece, an exquisite piece of edible art, unique and individual yet always having the same hard work put into it!.."

She continued to ramble about food, using terms that Magna's tired brain couldn't bother even attempting to understand. After a bit, as soon he realised she probably wouldn't be stopping any time soon, he eventually tuned her out in favour of eating.