prologue

Isn't is just so damn tiring trying to talk to someone who doesn't want to listen. Trying to impress someone whose expectations are so unreachable, it's not even worth trying. Trying to please someone who can only be pleased by utter perfection. Loving someone who doesn't share the same love for you back. Being forgotten. Misunderstood. Unheard. Being so weak and so terrified of losing someone that you never speak up. Never use your voice. Never speak your mind.

That's the life I live.

I live a life full of lies.

To everyone else I'm perfection. I'm pretty and I'm popular and I'm rich and I'm loved.
To me, I'm a disappointment. Unable to do anything right. Useless and unwanted and unlovable.

I put up a front. A front that I want people to see. A front that isn't me. All because I don't want people to see or know the real me. I've been taught to smile and dress one way and then act the other way my whole life.

No one has ever wanted to see the real me so I just thought I'd get rid of her altogether. Save myself the heartbreak, the pain.

I grieved the real me forever ago. And now I've accepted that I'm just a girl living in a strangers body.

And when I stare at myself in the mirror the reflection is someone else. Someone...I'm not.
Someone I've been taught to be.