Chapter 38

Jason's POV

"Todays a big day son!", my father chimed as he swung the door of my hotel room open and made his way in.

"Buongiorno amori miei! (Good morning my loves)", Giovanni sounded shortly after my father as he too entered my hotel room uninvited.

I let out a sigh and pulled my eyes away from my phone for a quick second to acknowledge the upbeat men who were now making themselves comfortable on the sofas next to me.

"Morning", I muttered out, my attention already back on my phone, reading over the texts from Felix, the man I have on Krissy, who has been sending me updates throughout the morning on her ETA.

It had been two weeks since Krissy and I's conversation in my office and I was aching to see her again.
I had told Jenna to use company funding and send the six K&G graduates on an array of overnight stays to various places, shadowing various employees. I gave Jenna full reign to give whoever to whatever department, as long as she gave Krissy to me. Jenna didn't seem at all to have clocked onto this front to get Krissy alone with me. Instead, she didn't even blink at my request, probably finding it completely sensible that Krissy sees the outcome of the meeting she sat in on.

"Giovanni, look at the kids of today..." my father stretched his hand to point at me.

"...married to their phones!". I rolled my eyes at the disapproval in my father's tone becoming more irritated by their uninvited presence. I could feel the weight of both men's attention-deprived stares on me, watching me like I should be up and juggling for them. So instead with a smug smile on my face, which I'm sure further aggravated my father, I purposely didn't take the hint and just relaxed further into the cushioned couch and raised my phone higher on my face blocking the two men out of my peripheral.

"No respect", my father huffed underneath his breath, but I caught it, so I turned my head towards him, my eyes still glued to my device.

"What was that?".

"You best be looking at the files we sent you on the stakeholders attending today's meeting".

"I am", I responded as I watched the texting bubbles colour, waiting for the next text from Felix to come through.

Then suddenly it did...

'She's 40 minutes away'.

"I'm making notes as we speak", I lied as I began texting a response to Felix.

'Good. Tell the others when she's here, and tell them to take her straight up to my room'

The ache in my chest for Krissy eased knowing that I only had to wait 40 more minutes to see her again. Hopefully that was enough time for my dad and Giovanni to fuck off.

My dad still didn't know that Krissy had come back into my life, let alone that she worked for the fucking company. And I had purposely made efforts these past two months to ensure that word never reached him, and that anyone who knew of the significance of having Krissy around me, like Jazmyn and Gina, kept their fucking mouths shut...

Suddenly I paused re-reading the texts from Felix...the grip on my phone then tightened, mimicking the equally tight feeling that now occurred in my chest at the possibility of Krissy running into him.

I was playing with fire.

My father finding out that I have flown Krissy to Paris on the very trip I am securing a landmark deal for Quill Corporations, to him would be confirmation of insanity, because it was. Insane. I was so insane that when I should be putting the job first and preparing to meet with Apple and Android, all I can do is read over old texts on how long I've got until Krissy's with me. And if my father knew he would have me back in rehab and under a conservatorship before the lights lit up on the Eiffel Tower.