All stories come to an end

sola
😎📖💚🥞🌞🐙

Sunwoo huffs as I open Hyunjae's passenger seat door for him. He has to stop being so stubborn though, because or else he would have to walk with his crutches all the way to school.

"Learn lots," I say to Sunwoo who grumbles in response. I know he hates sitting this close to Hyunjae.

"I'll see you after school Sola," Hyunjae says. He pouts his lips out for a kiss but I shake my head. One, not wanting to make Sunwoo suffer even more, and two, because I'm "sick."

Okay honestly, I lied to both of them. I'm not sick. But don't tell anyone.

"Have fun boys," I shut the door and Hyunjae drives out of the neighborhood. I wait until the car disappears down the road before I head back inside my house.

The good thing about my parents being M.i.a, I can skip school. But it's for a good cause, I promise. It's the last day before Christmas break anyways.

I thought of a really good gift for Hyunjae. I head into my kitchen, turning the tv on for some background noise, and I get to work.

I search for a lollipop recipe on my phone and I begin melting the sugar in a pot. The first time I burn the whole thing in a minute flat, my new record, and then I take an hour to scrape out the hardened mixture.

"Okay, part two," I say to myself, starting over again.

I successfully melt the sugar and I put a few drops of watermelon flavoring and food coloring. Then I pour the liquid onto a pan into heart shapes and quickly put a stick onto the bottom before it dries.

I admire my work. It looks and smells pretty good actually. While those set I begin cutting out pieces of clear cellophane paper when suddenly I get an idea. I run upstairs and I grab a lip tint from my bathroom and I smear that all over my lips.

For the next hour I spend my time placing kisses on each paper and wrapping the paper around a candy. When it's finally done I collapse on the couch and I close my eyes for just a moment.

_

That moment apparently turns into a few hours, because the next thing I know I feel a gentle tap on my cheek. I slowly open my eyes, confused at first, as to why Hyunjae is kneeling next to me.

"Sleeping beauty." He says.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep," I say and he smiles.

"How are you feeling?" Hyunjae asks.

"I'm good now," I say.

"I'm glad," He says. "it's no fun having a sick girlfriend."

"You know boyfriends usually like caring for their person when they're sick?" I ask.

"But then nobody could look after Sunwoo," Hyunjae points out.

"True, how was he today?" I ask.

"He was... he was paying attention during class. Taking really detailed notes," He explains. "And when I tried to help him carry his books, because the crutches and everything, he said no and walked off by himself."

"That's Sunwoo for you." I laugh. "Is he here now?"

"He told me to tell you that he has a math academy after school today, so he'll be back late."

"Ah," I say. Poor sunwoo, he hates this kind of thing.

"I really feel bad for him," Hyunjae reads my mind. "I know he would hate me for saying that, but I heard Miji picking on him during class today."