One

You stand on the podium, looking at the crowd of monsters shouting your name. There are children on the shoulders of their fathers, waving at you and screaming in joy. You're nervous. You're about to be crowned queen of all these people. And for what? Because you stopped the cities from war?

You look at your mother, smiling so wide and whispering your name. She holds the crown you were destined to wear from the day you were born, raising it towards you. She raises it over your head, and is about to place it down-

"Get down princess! There's a gun!" Red shouts. You see a flash of metal in the crowd and your heart stops. You and your mother drop under the podium, the crown long forgotten by your feet. Screams are erupting in the crowd as monsters panic, scattering like leaves. You look at Red, standing on the far side of the stage with a bone shield covering his arms.

You don't know why you decided to, but you look behind you and see a muzzle of a gun sticking out of a nearby window. Your mouth feels like it was stuffed with cotton and you freeze, until you realize the gun isn't pointed at you. You jump into action, standing and running towards Red. "Red! Behind you!" Red locks eyes with you-

BANG! You fall to your knees, tears running down your face. You crawl towards Red and cradle him on your lap, tears running like a river at this point. You try to use your hand to cover the hole in the back of Red's skull, but it's no use. The dust is pouring out at this point. "Red... Please don't leave me Red..."

Red takes your hand and interlaces his phalanges with yours. "It's okay princess, I'm glad I could protect you." You hiccup. "You can't leave me, you can't!" You shake your head wildly, your tears flying to the side. Red reaches up with his free hand, cupping your cheek, thumb wiping away your tears. "Don't worry princess, the guys will protect you."

"But I want you! Red, you don't understand, I love you!" Red's dim eyelights dilate to twice as big in his sockets. His hand moves to grip your hair and he pulls you down, teeth meeting yours. Your sockets flutter closed and you place your clasped hands on his sternum. You feel his skull collapsing into your other hand and pull away. He looks you in the eyes, red hearts in place of his eyelights. "Take care of my brother, princess." He crumbles away into dust, blowing away in the wind.

You faintly hear your name being yelled, and make eye contact with Sans. He's running towards you, but you don't care. You lock eyes with him, and open your menu. There's no load button since one of your guardians died, so you don't hesitate in slamming your hand down on the reset button. The world around you fades to black, and you hope that the next timeline will be the same.